Skip to content

Maya the Instigator

edited January 2014 in Forum Member Photos
Bear is so laid back. Maya eggs him on and on. And finally he gives in and they go at it. By the way...that is "their" sofa!  ;)

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    You know I see sooooo many people who have ONE dog.... And superficially they appear to be quite happy and well adjusted.... It's only when you have two or more that you understand how important that relationship with the other dog(s) is. As much as we feel that we humans have a vital role (and we do), nothing can replace that daily dog/dog enjoyment. When I take the kids to the dog park, I can stand back and look and admit that, no matter how much they enjoy being at home.... This is the place, surrounded by other dogs, that they most love to be.
    To you one-doggers... Get your dog a dog, will ya!!!!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Too Funny!!! Maya had to bug the hell out of Bear to get him riled up enough to latch out to her which is what she wanted so badly. She just begs for some play from Bear. Seeing her roll over on her back and allow Bear to get in a few smacks in is hilarious. That video is priceless as it depicts the true clownish behavior of a Bull Terrier and the antics they condor up for attention. At the beginning of the video when I seen Maya gentling biting his arm I knew she was looking for some playful action and working Bear into the mood. From time to time some of mine will try that with Kolohe but poor old Kolohe will just snap at them in hopes they'll quit bugging her. But they always come back to antagonize her some more until she finally gives in to some energetic play.
    Thanks for sharing that video. I loved it!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I loved when she walked up under Bear and just stood there for a few seconds. And trying to pass her rope toy over to him as well. Those two are inseparable. And @philsergeant...is correct. There is no greater pleasure for one dog to have another....or many....to pass the time with.
  • Those are my favorite parts of the vid too xtracho! Lol I was totally gonna say that before I saw your post! Great video! They were playing so quietly too! Stoeger is so loud when he plays! Haha
  • Cute video!
    But whenever I take Quinn to dog parks she never plays with other dogs, she just wants her tennis ball. Sometimes she'll play with my parents' dog in the house, but mostly she just wants us to throw her ball. I'm the only one she lives with. I can't afford another dog right now, but honestly, with a dog like her, I'm not sure what the point would be to have another one? Maybe she's an exception? I don't know

• My dogs are definitely a mini pack and I can't imagine having to see one of them go through the inevitable future loss. They are amazing creatures and don't get enough credit in the books for their emotions.
  • Tooo funny, I guess in my house I am Bear :(
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    JMallar... Yes I am sure you could be, and Quinn I hope you have the time/ability to be the "other dog" ( no disrespect intended -at all).... When they don't have a canine mate us humans have to try and make up for it and some of us can achieve that... I know I try, and devote every possible/ available second... But I can't achieve being devoted enough to make up for the dog-mate.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • edited February 2014
    These two....peas in a pod.

buddies.jpg
    720 x 960 - 85K
    friends.jpg
    478 x 549 - 54K
    saltpepper.jpg
    480 x 640 - 107K
    buddies.jpg
    432 x 365 - 41K
    inseparable.jpg
    720 x 650 - 85K
  • @AtibaCooper24....yeah...what a difference a year can make!
    bg1.jpg
    360 x 340 - 37K
    maya21.jpg
    432 x 323 - 45K
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Love the photos of them. They are best friends!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited February 2014
    I just read this...Maya ya little shit picking on poor bear and biting his legs!!! Lol awsome video she's looking super!!!!
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • @philsergeant I try and do everything I can for her. (Quinn is her name) We go out and play and walk and cuddle and all that. I'm not going to help groom her the dog way though ;)

And Maya and her friend are so cute together!