Skip to content

Story about Kéos destroy indestructible toy

edited January 2014 in General
Yesterday, iam going to petshot, the girl recommend me extreme Kong with cookie for put inside 
after 30 minutes i going to see Kéos just for see if he pick the cookie  
Looking the pic he destroy the  extreme Kong and i never retrieve the cookie
Kéos have 6 months
Which toy do you recommend me  ?
1522541_451779851590177_1245211796_o.jpg
2048 x 1152 - 120K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited January 2014
    You are in Delaware right? I don't know about Petshot, but here we have Petco, PetsMart etc. and all of them sell "indestructible" toys for dogs... None of them sell, and I don't think anyone manufactures, indestructible toys for Bull Terriers. It's one of the many things that make EBTs the most expensive pets on earth... You have to keep buying toys and watching them until they are in danger of ingesting the chewed up toy 5 minutes later and throw it away.... I hope someone else has some better solution although you could try a stainless steel ball but I don't think they'll play with it more than 5 minutes... I find good quality tennis balls last the longest.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Extreme Kong I fill with peanut butter, jolly ball, tug ropes, and the stuffed animals they make for extreme chewers not sure what brand they are cleo had a pig for a few months that's all I got other than antlers or hip bones.
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    After witnessing many toys and balls destructed by EBT's over the years the best advice I can give you is:
    • Never allow your Bull Terrier to be left unsupervised with any toy for a prolonged period of time
    • There's no such thing as an indestructible ball or toy in the eyes of a EBT
    • For longevity, utilize a ball or toy that is very large where they can't get an extreme clamp on it

As an example, the most popular Ball for a EBT would be the Kong Ball. It's very strong but not indestructible. The most popular and probably favorite for EBT's would be the solid Ball that's med/large in size. The problem with this particular ball is that it's the perfect size for their mouth and due to the size they can really bite down hard on it and gnaw on it. I still use this ball with my Bullies but always with supervision. It's what I use to play fetch, not what I use to throw and walk away from so they lay down with it to gnaw on. The best ball to get them for minimal supervision is the exlarge Kong Balls. They are so big that they barely fit in their mouth which prevents them from having the clamp down power to destruct them. So if you're looking for a ball that will last a long time go for the bigger ones.

Kong also makes an "Extreme" Ball that's supposed to be harder rubber than the Red ones. The Extreme Ball is solid black. To be honest though I haven't noticed any difference in the durability of the Extreme Ball compared to the normal Red ones.

This is what my Kongs look like from just normal playing of fetch:

kong ball.jpg
    816 x 459 - 152K
    kong balls.jpg
    816 x 459 - 215K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Are those close ups of Mars & Neptune?
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I've tried to teach our pup fetch but it's been incredibly difficult!
    I've had luck with nylabone chew toys but our problem is Stoeger doesn't want to chew the chew toys, he'd rather chew slippers, stuffed animals and the computer chair :-/
  • I'm with Stoegers_mom on trying to teach Spud to fetch and its been difficult. I think they just don't like to fetch but I think in time they will.
    Actually every Bull Terrier is different. Either they have no interest in playing fetch or they don't want to stop. I have some that will play all day where others will watch me throw the ball and look back at me as though they're saying "Good going, now you have a long walk to go get it back because I'm not going to get it!"

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Brutus is the way to go..now go fetch stupid human....cleo loves fetch and I have tried Brutus dont give to rats:(
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • I Just bought Apollo a red Kong ball and he loves it!!!! We only let him play with it for short amounts of time a day. I found that if you remove the toys from their sight frequently it becomes more special to them. They get really excited when you pull it out and treat it a little better not knowing when you are going to take it away. Maybe that's just Apollo. He loves to play fetch!!! I have deep gouges in my hard wood floor to prove it! Hahaha! As for indestructible toys good luck! We too use a nylabone chicken flavored chew ring. It's held up the best compared to other chewies. I can get bones at my grocery store. Some places call them soup bones, others call them dog bones. Boil them suckers up for a bit and give them to your pup when they cool down. Petsmart also sells beef bones. We got a white hollow one that I can stick peanut putter in! He loves that too!
    Natural bones are great treats for Bullies. However, I don't recommend cooking or boiling them as this can cause the bones to become brittle and splinter when they're eaten. Cooking the bones also the nutrition found in bones. Raw bones are the safe and nutritional way to give dogs.
    http://rawfed.com/myths/bones.html

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I just boil it until the insides aren't goo. Is that bad too? :( The last time we gave him a raw bone he had diarrhea for 5 days!!!
  • What about bones I buy from the butcher that are smoked? Are those bad?
    If he had diarrhea it's only because he's not used to raw meats. You could always provide him small portions of raw meat from time to time to get his digestive system used to it. Raw meats are actually a natural part of their diet but if they've been raised on kibble and cooked meats it will take a little bit for them to adjust.
    Smoked bones aren't bad. Most of the prepackaged dog bones sold are smoked mainly so they don't go bad and have a long shelf life.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Chris just said the same thing about the raw bone, but Apollo eats raw meats. Either way I shall not boil! :D