Skip to content

New Puppy

edited January 2014 in Forum Member Photos

Hey all,

So we're getting a new puppy. She was born on 26/12/2013, so we're able to bring her home on 20/02/2014. We're thinking of calling her Asher or Ashie. Not 100% decided yet. She is from http://www.jotiffbullterriers.com/ here in Australia. Here are some pics:

Asher1.jpg
1024 x 768 - 75K
Asher2.jpeg
580 x 435 - 196K
Asher3.jpg
1024 x 768 - 50K
Asher4.jpg
1024 x 768 - 67K
MumPedigree.jpg
576 x 768 - 53K
SirePedigree.jpg
576 x 768 - 47K

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Oh a chunky Black Brindle solid! She looks great! I seen the line breeding on the dams side with SunDance Kid as the grandsire on both sides. Hey, she got some American blood in her!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Okay... So when she was born it was still Christmas Day here in America ..... So I'd check her ears to make sure that there's no straw from the manger... She sure is going to be a Blessing, count on it. Thanks for sharing, we hope you keep doing so. Our kid's Dad is from down under, so we've got some Aussie over here too.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks all. we were lucky to get her cos 3 breeders tried to buy her after we put down a big deposit. Pretty happy with her. will be getting more photos on Monday 27th when we go to visiting her.

Can't wait to birng her home. Thor will be happy to have a new paly mate!
  • Thor, who is now 7 months 3 weeks old (20.5" tall and 61.5lbs now!) won't know what hit him when the lil girl comes home.
    Thor78.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
  • One thing for sure...Thor won't be able to get much nap time when that pretty girl gets there!
  • Very nice looking pup!! Congrats!
  • That puppy is adorabull! And Thor looks awesome!
  • I can't wait to see him grow. Let us know when you pick him up.
    Oh yeah! It's on my calendar... I'll be bugging you for details the minute you pick her up!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Pup looks great! Love the coloring.

I don't mean this
    offensively, honestly curious about this, but I noticed that the sire
    and the dam are basically direct siblings.They both have the same sire. I would understand if maybe there were some generations or something in between, or maybe they were cousins, but is it common for brothers and sisters to be bred? I know there will always be some degree of inbreeding... (I mean, I've never seen another dog with my dog's lines) but is there a risk to breeding like this? Or maybe positives since there are good genes (Rufus?).
    I didn't see any inbreeding within the pedigree. I did see some Line Breeding with Rufus but Line Breeding (if conducted properly) is common practice for improving bloodlines.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Sorry, it's in the mum's pedigree. Her sire and dam are both out of UK CH Silver Bullet The Joker at Javarke. They would be half siblings I guess. Is this line breeding? And what's the difference between line breeding and inbreeding?
  • Thor is very handsome! And your new baby is so snuggly :)
  • edited February 2014
    imageHi again,

Sorry for the delay. We went to see the lil girl the other day. She is so cute and tiny. If it works *fingers crossed* i've attached a video clip of her.

• Oops, finally figured it out! So the brindle/white female is the mum. Thor is in the background with one of their other females.

Just as an aside, Its been really hot over here at the moment, so the breeder was saying all of her dogs have lost a fair few kg/lb the last month or so.
    Great video's. That Brindle and White Bullie may be her Mom but she didn't ween the puppies. If she had her breasts would be huge right now just as the white females were. There was good reason the puppy went to the white female for suckling verse the brindle and white. The brindle and white acted as though the puppy was something new to her.
    She's a cute Bullie with a great personality. I love her coloring.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • More videos please! Brings me back to when I saw Spud the first time.
    The video didn't show much of the white dogs, but the Brindle was a great looking dog, are they related ?

• Here's one of Thor and Dotti...Thor didn't like her much 'til i let him off the leash. I was surprised also 'cos Thor didn't care much for the teeny puppies at the time. He kinda just sniffed them, then walked off haha.

• And here's the last one i have for the moment. Apologies, you might want to mute the vid 'cos it was quite windy on the day.

• Ugh the puppies are so cute!! Asher's little tail was just going and going! They are all great looking dogs. :)
  • edited February 2014
    This forum is truly terrible...for my work ethic!! How am I supposed to get any work done during the day when all I want to do is spend my time reading discussions and looking through all of the absolutely gorgeous pics/vids?!?!! Seriously this has become my favourite form of procrastination while at work. I just can't control myself.

By the way...that's my little baby girl and me in the last video...cannot wait to bring her home next week! I'm looking forward to seeing how much she's grown since that last visit we had. I will admit to being a little less excited about the broken sleep for midnight toilet trips and the razor sharp teeth but it'll be well worth it  :x
    You're going to have even more distractions when you take that cute Bullie home with you.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I know! At least by then I'll be back to studying and the distraction of having 2 cuddly puppies during the day will be crucial for my sanity...then again I can remember Thor driving me insane many times when he was her age. How do they manage to be so cute and conniving at the same time?
  • edited February 2014
    Just a small update...

Asher and her litter mates were BAER tested today. Results were all good for the whole litter.

Looks like she's listening to some tunes or something hehe.
    AsherBAERTest.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 78K
    It must relax them or something.  :D

BAER Test 1.jpg
    2048 x 1360 - 141K
    BAER Test 2.jpg
    2048 x 1360 - 191K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Who is that second pup Steve.... Stow the mustard, he needs a whole jar of Peanut Butter he's so yummy.

• Guess who we got to bring home today!!! Yay.

Here's some initial photos of Asher meeting Thor. I will also post some videos shortly.
    20140218_123941.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    20140218_122841.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    20140218_123946.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    20140218_123945.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    20140218_124043.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • Haha Thor is watching her like a hawk! :x
    Those 2 are going to be Best Buddies!!!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • She's so cute! and it seems like she's already the boss of Thor...first day home and letting him know how it's gonna be. Lucky he's pretty easy going. It's funny - if only he focused his attention on training as much as he has been doing with Asher. At least I now know he's capable of focus..
  • On second thought, could Thor standing over Asher like that be considered as dominant behaviour? It seems as though he's just really excited but if it's dominance I'd like to nip it in the bud early on. Any thoughts?
    edited February 2014
    I believe it's more a protective stance than a dominant one... He wouldn't be at all threatened by such a small package.... But, if he sees, inevitably, that the small goods are getting all the attention, it could turn to dominance because he becomes jealous, not because he becomes "scared", so, I'd continue the watchful eye regardless and make sure he doesn't become unloved because of the newbie. As a side note, my kids will squat down whenever meeting small dogs to mimic their size... And stay down smashing the ground with their tails until the tiny one has finished sniffing them over, and they don't feel that they are seen as a threat, then they jump up and want to play. With larger dogs they just run in wagging away and demanding instant play.

• From yesterday, when i first brought her home - she didn't wanna come out of her crate for like 5 minutes.
  • Started feeding her in the crate this morning.

Will get more photos shortly.

20140219_074010.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
  • Thanks Philsergeant, that's really helpful. When Thor was younger he
    would often lay straight down on his side when with other dogs (large or
    small) in an excited way rather than an afraid way. I have thought that
    might be a submissive behaviour, though the puppy pre-school trainer
    told us it was purely playful and trusting for his age (mind you, she
    didn't seem to know a whole lot about Bullies, she even referred to him
    as a staffy a couple times (:| ). Now he just runs in like you
    describe, and a lot of dogs can't handle his overwhelming energy and
    sometimes become annoyed/afraid of him. Raising puppies is so
    challenging. I just want to do the right thing by my puppies and raise
    them to thier full potential. If only I could have an experienced Bullie
    breeder in my house for just a week or two :P This forum does help a
    lot but mainly for encouragement and tips.
    I know, there are Bullies, and then there are other dogs... Our two run into the dog park screaming, "let's play, let's play, big, small, common' let's play". !!!!!... But "other dogs" take fun as a threat to their fragile existence....so they get resentful of dogs that really want to render no dog, big or small, any harm.... Wouldn't it be nice if ALL DOGS were EBT's!!!
  • Hey, is this normal behaviour for a little puppy? Admittedly, when she gets angry like this - Thor has either pushed her around too much or isn't giving her any room. I'm just wondering if we need to be concerned. Asher hasn't once rolled on her side and exposed her inguinal area to Thor. The breeder told me that Asher was "a big bossy boots" towards her litter mates. I hope we don't have an aggression problem on our hands!
    :(

• I should have added - this video is not her worst display of this. I'd rate this episode around a 6-7/10 in terms of how angry she gets. She's been worse. Full chasing Thor and having a go at him.
    Great Videos!

Thor seems to be doing very well with the new addition to the family. Thor is still young himself so he's probably enjoying the rough housing and wrestling that a puppy longs for 24/7. Usually older dogs will be quick to let a young puppy know when they are out of line and Thor doesn't seem to want to discipline Asher.
    I've seen many EBT puppies act aggressive at her age. They are so used to being that way with their siblings. For those that have had a litter of Bull Terrier puppies you know what I mean. Hopefully Thor will learn to discipline her when she's getting out of line. If not you may have to by means of pinning her so she realizes she's been submitted for behavior that you don't tolerate.
    You could also socialize Asher with a older mature dog that will let her know right away what is and what isn't tolerated.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks Steve - very helpful! I'll do those things a.s.a.p.