Skip to content

New Diet

Do you guys think that the diet plays a large part in their behavior?
 I was thinking of doing a high protein like beans and rice and some chicken that I can make myself. Do you recommend this? It would save money and be much healthier than the ones you buy at the store..IMO.

Any ideas?
"Work for a cause, not applause. Live life to express, not impress. Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt"

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    We feed our kids Boiled Chicken Breast every day, Rice (when they have the runs) and beans every now and then, ... all good stuff ...(if the beans don't deliver green clouds).

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Do I mix the chicken with anything or just cut it up with her with some broth/water?
    "Work for a cause, not applause. Live life to express, not impress. Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt"
  • I personally don't feed my pups beans or any form of grain, I even try to stay away from potatoes. I honestly believe a dogs diet should be as close to natural as possible, but I still feed kibble mixed in. Unless she is sick, I would put her on a good quality grain free kibble and throw in some raw chicken. You want to make sure she is getting the proper nutrition and just beans, rice and chicken will not provide her with everything a growing pup needs.
  • edited January 2014
    I just looked up the Blue Buffalo and am going to go pick that up along with raw chicken. Thank you for the advice!
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    If you're getting Blue Buffalo make sure it's the "Wilderness."

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Okay, I found it on Chewy.com! Thanks!