Skip to content

Hello from Argetnina

edited December 2013 in General
I am the proud step-daddy to my bully Ibor.

In the year and half of adjusting to the life here (I am an expat, wife is Argentine) he and I are inseparable - except when I go to work.

I found this forum while looking for what is up with his skin, he has some hive like conditions in his skin as well as scratching so much his ears have what I know as cauliflower ear (lack of a better term) and flop now. I am glad there were some answers here, I have been getting worried. They have lessened since we changed the food.

Anywho, that is how I found y'all. I hope I can contribute as much as I glean - thank you

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited December 2013
    Welcome Hellbillyjoker!  (say that fast three times!)
    Where are da Pictchas????
    Gotta have pictchas here!
    The few issues you mention are common problems... I'm sure the skin issue is food.... check out the Bullie Nutrition links here.... http://www.bulliesofnc.com/BTforum/categories/bull-terrier-nutrition-and-diet
    The ear issue is commonly found when high protein diet is present. My kids are are on high protein and develop it now and again, you have to check the ears every day and at the slightest sign of Yeast Infection (roughness) hit it with Remicin ointment (need a prescription) or is another non-prescription alternative is Zymox.  Ears need deep clean every couple of days.
    What's his diet now?  If the scratching and shaking of head have caused ear hematomas and the cartilage has collapsed there's little to do about the appearance.  These are my opinions/ experience... but don't act on them alone, wait until others chime in and see what solutions best match your conditions.... Understanding his intake will help us all.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I'm curious what food you have him on. How old is Ibor? We'd all love to see a couple photos of him. :)

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com