Skip to content

Dog pillows??

edited December 2013 in General
Hi all my EBT is named Casper and he has a issue with his beds in his crate. He destroyed two beds including a kong bed. He's usually out but at bedtime he has to go in to sleep or the house would be destroyed lol. Anyone know of a bed brand that can withstand his abuse?

Comments

• Hello there!! I wanna see pictures of Casper :-) please! Lol I'm not much help with the issue though. All I can say is maybe run him ragged right before bedtime and maybe he will just go to sleep? Prob just wishful thinking though!
    We had some old king size sheets that we throw in stoegers kennel and put a fleece blanket on top and haven't had a problem yet.
  • edited December 2013

This is Casper in all his glory lol
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited December 2013
    He sure looks like a handsome fella. Appears you're in a warm climate area.... If it were me, I'd go with old sheets or blankets, or nothing. Bullies sometimes prefer to lie on the plastic base same as they like lying on tile... Ours typically push the cushions to one side and use them for head only. We've had pretty good luck with faded but still integrally sound patio chair cushions... They're hose washable and sun dryable ... Then we throw them in the spin dryer to get the bone and toasty... They don't seem to want to eat those. You can buy the indestructible beds but .....Grande Moola! :|
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited December 2013
    He's a great looking Bull Terrier! My advice would be to either keep him in a crate at night without any form of blanket or pillow or purchase him a chew proof doggie bed. I understand you're under the impression your Bull Terrier would be much more comfortable with a nice plush pillow or blanket to sleep with but at his age you're putting him at risk of chewing them up and swallowing them which could do harm than good. Bull Terriers are a lot comfortable in a crate than you think and they enjoy being in them more than any comfy doggie bed. Think of it like a dog den. In the event you don't have a crate I can imagine you've already noticed your bullie finding a quite spot under the desk or some other hide away spot that he feels safe and secure. If you're adamant about having him on a doggie bed my suggestion would be to invest in a bed that would very hard to chew through. I say very hard to chew through because there is no such bed that exists that is truly indestructible from a dog that has the will to chew a hole in any materiel. Here's a couple that you might like:
    http://www.k9ballistics.com/
    http://kuranda.com/
    http://www.indestructibledog.com/collections/dog-beds

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com