Skip to content

help!! pure or not pure

Hi haven't been here in a while. Phone dnt let me post pics of my ebts my apologies. I got a question so this guy told me my pup is mix bcus he has a liver bridle spot on the side of his stomach and his tail. He has one on his left eye to his left ear. His white at 1st I thought it might be a DNA mutation that may have cause that or that he must of being inbred down the line. Now I'm worry he might not be pure I love my pup he means alot to me he's like my son. Can some one help me plz ?? Thank you

Comments

• Unless your pup is a rescue, this is something you should have been looking at when you bought him. The breeder should have either had both parents on site or had pictures of the sire and/or given you a way to contact them. If you can, contact your breeder and ask about information on the parents. Ask for papers and bloodlines if you can.

Liver brindle does not indicate a mixed breed in bull terrier. There are plenty of threads about Liver bullies and colors that I just read because I just joined...perhaps you should browse those.

And if he's like your son...who cares if he isn't pure bred?
  • Thank u for replying. And I bought him of a guy who's living to college sobi wasn't able to look at parents and yes thank you I been looking at the thread. And I always wanted a bull terrier since I was small and dnt get me wrong I love him alot whether he is or not just those spots concerned me? And is it possible it can be past if he breeds ??
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    My concern wouldn't be with the liver gene. There are many who actually want a liver Bull Terrier and look at them as a designer dog much the same as people do with a Blue Frenchie. However, my concern would be with the saddleback mark and other brindle spot on his side. As I'm sure you already know, white bull terriers shouldn't have any colored fur other than on their head and face. Email me a picture of him and I'll let you know if he's a mixed breed or just lacks in appropriate qualities in which the breed standard dictates. I take it he probably isn't AKC registered either?

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • 1st thank you for your time.No he is not register. And can you post your email plz i can't find it and my phone is a windows phone so it doesn't let me post. Or just email me its dmitrius97@gmail.com
    steve@bulliesofnc.com

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Mixed or not, welcome to the forum. I hope you feel comfortable posting and sharing pictures with us.
  • Hey Steve did you get my pics?? And thank u boyda
  • Hope you post some pictures, he sounds interesting. 
    @Django - Yes, I received your photos and I have them depicted below for others to view.
    Well, let me start by saying he isn't a liver Bull Terrier. Yes, he's got a large saddleback mark on his rump and another colored mark on his side but that doesn't make him a liver Bull Terrier. He is a small, frail looking bull terrier that resembles an old Hinks Bull Terrier from many years ago. He has most likely been crossed with another breed of dog, possibly a Jack Rustle Terrier or something else. His tail is actually half the length it should be for a pure bred. He may not have the structure and conformation that's expected of a quality bred Bull Terrier but that doesn't mean he wouldn't make a good pet and a great companion. Should he be bred - Absolutely not. He's far from having the appropriate qualities to compliment the breed standard and I'm in doubt he's actually a pure bred to begin with. Not only is he not registered through AKC but he isn't registered period. The thought of breeding him shouldn't be considered especially when you have no clue of his health background. My advice to you would be to simply love him for the companion he is and spoil him to death. I think he'd be a lot happier being unleashed from the tire you have him tied to and allowed a bit more room to roam. That Tri-colored Bullie you have attached to the cylinder block appears to be a pure bred. Do you have intentions on breeding her as well? If those two aren't fixed you may wish to keep a close eye on them while they're either inside your trailer home or outside pulling around tires and cylinder blocks. If I were you I'd put some thought into having them fixed and just invest your time into enjoying their companionship.

WP_20131208_027.jpg
    916 x 1632 - 450K
    WP_20131208_043.jpg
    916 x 1632 - 459K
    WP_20131208_025.jpg
    916 x 1632 - 701K
    WP_20131208_049.jpg
    916 x 1632 - 711K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I bet he's full of energy! My Pops and his wife had a couple Jack Russell terriers and man oh man for such small dogs they had more energy then my three EBT's combined plus my three year old daughter!
  • One thing is for sure... He's a cute little devil isn't he!

I'm with Steve, I definitely see JRT in your cute little pup.

His small chest and front legs clued me in and the short tail sealed the deal.

How old is he???
    jack_russell_terrier_132_7.jpg
    280 x 330 - 28K
  • edited December 2013
    Well honestly I thought he was a bull terrier and his tail was cropped he wasn't born like that and yes I was planning on breeding him with my female not a backyard breeder just wanted to have some puppies for myself I really love bull terriers and his 7months. And Steve I send you a another pic can u posted plz ?? This is what caught me off guard. That "bull terrier" their using him as a stud he has the same markings as my dog so I thought it was a genetic defects. And thank you all for your comments honestly I'm heart broken but I still love my pup I have him in bed right now ߘἯtextarea>
  • Can I inquire as to why you cropped his tail? Just curious. I'm sorry you kinda got the short end of the stick from the breeder. I can understand how this can happen, people get so excited over a new puppy, epically an English Bull terrier, that they often get side blinded with false information.
    edited December 2013
    @Django - Per your request I have attached the 2 photo's you sent me of the Sire of your dog for others to view.

I don't wish for you to be saddened by anything I've said. Please understand it's difficult for me to see breeders populating our country by breeding without any knowledge of the breed standards.

I hope you reconsider your ambition to breed him to your female. Breeding should only be conducted with the intentions of bettering or complimenting the breed. I recommend that you read and study the breed standards. The BTCA actually has a well detailed description of the standards. I'm confident if you take the time to read it you'll become more familiarized with fine details of how a Bull Terrier should look.  http://www.btca.com/content/documents/education/bull_terrier_illustrated_standard.pdf

You mentioned that your puppy's tail was cropped. Who cropped the tail and for what reason did they crop it? If it was deliberate I'm confused what the intentions were and why the crop was conducted half way to the tip of the tail.

00707_1sAzH5YNp0g_600x450.jpg
    450 x 450 - 57K
    00101_hLifLETIpFL_600x450.jpg
    253 x 450 - 24K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I didn't cropped his tail the breeders did. And yeah I was just really excited on owning my 1st bull terrier and Steve your right I still have much to learn on the breed standard and thank you for your time
    No problem at all Django. I think you'll learn a lot from this Forum. There are many members very proud of their Bullies with an abundance of knowledge and experience with them. We welcome you to join in with many more discussions and photo sharing.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited December 2013
    Just curious why that guy would tell you something about your dog's spot.  Was he just a friend meeting your puppy, or were you planning to breed him? 

Steve has given you great advice about several things, and I'm hoping you'll consider following his advice, including loving him but not breeding him as a BT since he doesn't have papers and there's very real concern that he's not pure bred BT. 

A dog doesn't need to be pure bred to be a wonderful companion, so there's no reason you should not have been told the truth about his pedigree generations back.  That's the problem with breeding without proper registration and passing off dogs as pure bred if they're not.  It's wrong.  It's great that you love him like a son, he looks like a sweetie.  I think we all know how you feel. 
  • Steve has given you really excellent advice and I just hope you take it!! I know it probably sucks to learn that you don't have a pure dog and that the breeder may or may not have duped you... But you've got a good looking pup anyway and you should just treat him as a companion now. No breeding. ;)
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited December 2013
    I am really hopeful that the only defects your boy has are the coat coloration.... His dad looks healthy enough and although obviously you won't breed him he still has all the wonderful qualities of an EBT.  I am sure he will become a very special companion and you'll treasure him like all here treasure our Bullie families.... Unfortunately many of these "breeders" are half breeds (mentally at least) themselves, and I know it's easy to be duped, especially when you're excited about getting your new family guy.  Dont be afraid to broadcast this chiseler's name and tell as many people as you can about how you were cheated.  Hopefully it will effect his business because the ONLY thing someone like that moron is interested in is money.  Please keep in touch with stories, questions, photos (until Steve gets tired of posting them for you :-0) and we will treat your bullie just like any of the other loved ones here!!! At least you got the best Christmas present ever!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.