Skip to content

Fatso!

I took Caesar to the vet today for his 12 week vaccinations, 15 days ago he was 6.4kgs and today he was 10kgs..

Vet told me he was a fatso and to stop feeding him so much! I don't think he looks over weight and he actually only really eats his dinner, he is not the slightest bit interested in his biscuits at breakfast!

Is my boy over weight?
image.jpg
960 x 720 - 217K
image.jpg
960 x 720 - 178K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Is every vet that's out there a 6ft beanpole that owns a whippet? (or a chihuahua?)... Geez...They know nothing of Bullies..... Isabella was exactly 22lbs (10kg) at 12 weeks. Marco was 25#. As long as he is getting bundles of exercise, you're not feeding him icecream or other fatty foods you don't need to worry about overweight issues..... as long as he has a "waist", which he appears to have from the pictures.... so watch the waist line.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    He's not in the least bit fat or overweight. He looks great.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I got told this as well :( maybe its because their a stocky breed, but I don't think he's fat either :x
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • SeonSeon Lake Camanch, CA
    He DOES look Great!
  • Caesar looks bulli-ful to me!

Our pup was only 16lbs. at 12 weeks, about 6lbs. lighter than your boy.

It will be interesting to see how he progresses, if Caesar packs on the meat like Stoeger did... He'll be 45lbs. at 20 weeks!
  • I hope you told your vet his dumb, cause he looks great!
  • Arg, back at the vet today for his last parvo, again they make me feel like crap, telling me he is overweight.

Today, at 14 weeks, Caesar was 15.4kgs. They have advised I cut his 1 cup of kibble in the morning and feed him his normal 1 cup of kibble plus a small handful of mince at night.

He is a nugget but I dont think he looks overweight! 
  • He decided he wanted no part in a photo shoot to show his hot bod! Even after convincing him to get up, he wasnt into it. 
    20131223_144859.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
    20131223_144734.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
    20131223_145142.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited December 2013
    Are they crazy? What's a Bullie to live on.... He looks perfect to me...Marco weighed 14.5 Kgs at 14.5 weeks...And he's not really a big boy.  Only issue that has a slight chance of carrying and "weight", would be how much (panting type) exercise he gets.....?????
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    From what I can see from the photos his weight looks normal. Most Vets have no clue about Bull Terriers and rarely see them. It would be unfair to compare their look and weight to another breed of dog that they might have more familiarity with.
    Ask a Vet how much they learned about food and nutrition when the went through school and you'll be surprised to hear it wasn't a part of their curriculum. Medicine, surgical procedures, diseases, etc are what they concentrate on but learning about proper nutrition isn't. As far as learning about the different breeds of dogs, that's not even touched on.
    Keep feeding your EBT twice a day because he needs it. I hate saying don't listen to your Vet but it's clear he knows nothing about the EBT breed.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com