Skip to content

whats your second favorite breed of dog

edited October 2013 in General
I know all are first pick breed is the EBT but what come's second to you if you couldn't get a EBT ???

Comments

• A mini EBT
    One Bully is just not enough
  • that go's for any bull terrier name another lol
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    French Bull Dog.

IMG00706-20130328-2307.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 322K
    IMAG1185.jpg
    1840 x 3264 - 1M
    001_600_338.JPG
    600 x 338 - 90K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • That's my 'pollo! :) I grew up with a German shepherd so I think it was a given that's what I would have. They are loyal and protective not only to those who live with them but other friends and family your extremely close with. We had 2 and they worked together as a great team. Their personalities reminded me of humans. They didn't just hand out respect to humans. They weren't mean at all, but they definitely had you in their sites until you proved yourself. Years ago we our air conditioner caught fire. The unit was between my son and daughters rooms. Our male woke us up, freaking out, way before the smoke alarm ever went off. Super smart, keen loyal and protective! Downfall, too much shedding!
  • edited October 2013
    That's a good question... I've never considered another breed...

That Shar-Bull-Pei xCharity_Casex posted was pretty cool :)
    5e78a1571d47a097b48a029b59c0ec.jpg
    498 x 750 - 109K
  • edited October 2013
    Mines would be an English bull dog, but too much Heath problems
    image.jpg
    1536 x 1092 - 324K
  • Pit bull hands down. I do have a thing with English Bulldogs but I've never owned one to experience the bond.
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
    edited October 2013
    There's a big difference between an English Bull Dog and a French Bull Dog.

Running of the Bulls.jpg
    499 x 357 - 31K
    Here Comes the Sun.jpg
    568 x 576 - 185K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I just seen the pic of the English you posted!!!! Cool very cool!! My brother had one named George he was a charecter too!!!
  • Gotta pick two....Labrador or a Pit.
  • I would want a Tibetan mastiff. It would be like having your own lion/bear mix, but I don't know if I would be able to deal with the fur. But in reality, I would have to third my vote on the French bulldogs.
    image.jpg
    459 x 517 - 86K
    image.jpg
    195 x 133 - 9K
  • How similar is the EBT to the English Stafforshire Bull Terrier? I know the Staffy Bull was bred with the Hinks's white cavalier EBT to give us colored EBT's does that mean both breeds are similar in personality and traits?
  • A Marine buddy of mine has a Frenchy named Gunny. He loves him!
    946322_10151575676922496_1535221583_n.jpg
    960 x 640 - 57K
  • I personally believe that English Bull Terriers are a bit more stubborn, actually, I think they are a lot more stubborn then the staffies. Both are great breeds, but the EBT is the one dog that would rather please itself over pleasing others, at least that has been my experience. I had a staffie when I was younger and she was a breeze to train, my two current EBT should really have been called English Bull Terrors, especially when cookie was in her puppy stage. Other then that, I think they are very similar in personalities as far as their awesome temperament with people, especially kids!
  • I realllllly wanted a white lab, but they are too big for my apartment. I had no clue that bull terriers are 3 times times size of labs when you account for their personality hehe. Now that I have her I
    Couldn't imagine having any other pup. She knows so many tricks!
    image.jpg
    640 x 1136 - 84K
  • Our Corgi was such a smart, sweet dog.  After my Bull Terrier passed away, our next dog was a Corgi since my husband had one before we got married.  It's taken a couple of years before we are ready for another dog and were torn between another Corgi or Bull Terrier (or a Tibetan Mastiff since we love everything we have heard about them) since they're so different, but I guess it's pretty obvious what our decision was.  :)

• SeonSeon Lake Camanch, CA
    edited October 2013
    My wife's Pom's Kikko 15 yrs old and Suki 3 yrs old are my second favorite breed, otherwise wife won't fix me dinner ever again 

:-S
    Suki_Kikko.jpg
    640 x 480 - 79K
  • @DianeWright....yup...Labs are great! Miss our chocolate Curly...tremendously.
  • Great that all very good looking breeds but for me if I wouldn't have a Bull Terrier I would have to say the Boston Terrier would be my next pick they almost look like a french bull dog
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    My second, third and fourth choices, in that order are EBT's, Bullies, and Bull Terriers! :D
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
    You know, I'm going to have to agree. I think Phil has the choices clear and concise and I'm going to have to concur to his statement.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  •  He forgot MBT's or MEBT's...
  • If the breed has Bull in it I'll take one!!!!
  • I have a thing for bullmastiffs but I'm not sure I could handle the drool.
  • How similar is the EBT to the English Stafforshire Bull Terrier? I know the Staffy Bull was bred with the Hinks's white cavalier EBT to give us colored EBT's does that mean both breeds are similar in personality and traits?
    It actually runs even deeper than that.
    Also it touches on a few strange points.
    In this part of the World many of those involved in the showing of these dogs become a bit angry with you if you refer to their breed by the name English Bull Terrier.
    They are quick to point out that the EKC name for the breed is Bull Terrier with no English prefix.
    Also some even get annoyed with hunters using the name Bull Terrier as a Typey name for working strong dogs.
    However to the general public the Breed is always known as the EBT and even to most of the owners of the dogs.
    And Bull Terrier is the type name for all the lines and versions of the working dogs.
    This all stems from the days when Bull  n Terrier strains were all over Britain and widely used at many different jobs
    Physiques varied from more Bull Dog style to more Terrier.
    Look at pictures of various Game Bred APBTs and you will see the same dogs that were being worked throughout Britain at the time.
    However since the Bull Terriers of the time were associated with nefarious activities and shady characters
    they were not exactly respectable.
    James Hinks was an admirer of the physical and mental toughness of these Dogs.
    He set out to produce a version of the Dog which would be considered suitable for Officer and Gentlemen.
    A Game Dog that would have all the attributes of the common working Bull Terrier but with a more socially acceptable attitude, he had a vision of a line of Bull Terrier that would be as Game Hard and fearless as the other lines but which would only react if provoked.
    He also wished to produce a Dog which looked more refined and tidier than the common Dogs.
    And a Dog which would not only breed true to type but to a type considered HANDSOME enough to be admitted to the EKC and allowed to compete at their shows as a recognized breed.
    He got Combat Bulldogs, supposedly from the Paddington White lines which were one of the few remaining lines turning out the real Bulldog.
    He got the best of Bull Terriers he could find that came from game working lines and which came closest to the eventual dog he intended to breed.
    It is said that he found the most suitable Terrier physique in lines from the. Staffordshire area.
    As you probably know he then added more Terrier to the Dogs.
    English White Terrier which was a very fine terrier.
    Then Dalmation/Pointer/ Dont know as I have read different claims.
    Anyway he realized his dream.
    He planned a dog more Terrier like and refined in build and look than the common Bull Terriers.
    His choice of head was significant since he decided on a Terrier rather than Bull style.
    His ideal build was that of a muscled up Terrier.
    In human terms a Gymnasts build.
    Any way he achieved all he set out to do.
    The old Hinks Dog was a credit to what a man could achieve in limited time.
    The EKC accepted the dog as a Bull Terrier and registered it.
    So Staffie was in the EBT right from the beginning.
    You have to remember that Hinks ideal Dog was more Terrier than Bull in physique.

• Frenchies (French Bull Dog) too.
    I owned 2 Frenchie until they passed at age of 11 (Father) and 3 (son - heat stroke)

Now i am having my first EBT. 

Same loving character and very personal buddy. 
    Very attach to owner. Easy-going nature with strong personality.

They only different between them is EBT will walk back with you after a long walk but you may need to carry your frenchie on the way back.  

Just my thoughts.

• I have also had a Staffordshire and an American Bulldog (perhaps with a dash of Mastiff, he was well over a hundred pounds)--both were great dogs! But my heart leaps whenever I see an Irish Wolfhound, so that might be my next favorite. Of course, that assumes Bull Terriers had ceased to exist. Best. Dogs. Ever.
  • Belgian Malinois ... I used to show these dogs I owned a female great family dog very protective and get in obedience trails she got a 199 out of 200 when she was 8 mos old.
    =D>