Skip to content

Choosing male or female mbts?

Hi all,
I'm planning on getting 2 mbts in a few months when I can find 2 siblings.
I understand that getting 2 males is asking for trouble when they start to mature and want to be the alpha. Are there similar issues with 2 females?

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    A lot is going to depend on their bloodlines, genetics, and how you raise them. That's a difficult question to answer without knowing about the individual dogs and the devotion and time the owner(s) put into raising and training them.
    I think if you are wanting to get two puppies that are the same age or litter mates it's best to get a male and a female. If you are wanting 2 Bullies of the same sex it's better to have an age difference of 12+ months so there's no question who will be the alpha.
    If there's someone home with the 2 BT's during the day where both BT's are getting constant attention and training I don't see there being a problem especially if they are coming from a bloodline where the temperament is commendable. 

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Bloodlines are my next project to look into.

I''m not set on having two of the same gender. I appreciate your advice & would be looking for one of each as a result.

For commitment & contact time: I work a 40 hour mon-fri week with a partner who works tue-sat so 4 days a week where they would be unattended for 9 hours a day tue-fri - hence the plan for litter mates to ensure company for one another.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Take a look at the beginning of the string ..http://www.bulliesofnc.com/BTforum/discussion/278/just-some-pictures-of-the-kids#Item_254..... These are our two kids... Brother and Sister.... We are really glad we decided to go that way....
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • They are gorgeous Phil. The happy state they share is my dream result when I get my own dogs. Thanks for sharing.