Skip to content

What Type is your Bullie??

It's hard for me to say for certain with Stoeger being quite young... But his smaller hind legs make me lean towards Terrier Type with some Bulldog Type with his thick body.
1385784_212863855503860_926714598_n.jpg
666 x 581 - 59K
034_zps6c889d55.jpg
800 x 600 - 139K

Comments

• Cleo I would say Dalmation Brutus uhhhhh bulldog or mix he's got more body with less legs and more mass than her. ????. He's kinda like a mack truck where she's a small suv!!!! LMAO!!!
    20130919_155001.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    20131006_194807.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 1013K
    20130729_203526.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    20131003_173231.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 865K
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • JellyBean is more of the Bulldog/Terrier mix, she is short, but well portioned and she has a nice thick, even head with short ears. Cookie is the terrier type, she is thick as well, but a wee bit taller then JB, doesn't have a super wide head like JB, but is quick as a whippet! Cookies a bit over 40lbs and JB is about 38lb.
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    image.jpg
    2312 x 2312 - 1M
  • edited February 2014
    Drogo is now 12 months and 53lbs. I live in Cyprus were bull terriers are very rare, in fact I have never seen another bull terrier live only from pictures and videos. I found it very difficult to find a bull terrier and resulted in bringing one from abroad, after six months of searching and trying really hard to get  a "trustworthy" (for Cyprus standards) importer contacted me and said that he located one from hungary and that he was from a champions bloodline. I don't care about pedigrees or champion bloodlines as I want my dog only for companionship with that said I am curious as to the type of bullie he is and if his weight is considered normal. 
    drog0.jpg
    960 x 543 - 127K
    71463_10202985031288080_508188021_n.jpg
    960 x 541 - 25K
  • Hi Drogo, Spud will be turning 1 in about a week and he's nearing 60 lbs. He has stop growing in terms of height at the withers which I haven't measured in a while. He's also still filling out as he's still on the skinny side.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited February 2014
    @Drogo - He looks more on the Terrier type as Pet Quality. I think he looks just fine and if you have no care about champion bloodlines or pedigree than he should be perfect for you. More important than looks are health and temperament. How is he in those areas?
    For only 12 months old he's quickly gaining calluses around his joints which usually don't appear until around 3 years of age unless he's spending more time than normal kenneled up. You may want to start putting some Bag Balm on those areas to moisten them up and heal them a bit.
    53 pounds isn't a bad weight for a male Bull Terrier at 12 months of age. He's still got more filling out to do and probably won't reach his potential until around 24 months.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited February 2014
    Don't know....really doesn't matter either way....type? Crazy, clownish, attentive, playful, loving, and fiercely loyal. She's around 48 lbs now @ 13 months, around 17" at  the withers.
    big.jpg
    225 x 247 - 28K
    big.jpg 27.7K
    She's gorgeous Mark and I'm sure she has the heart and loyalty that every EBT lover longs for. Great photo!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks for the reply. The calusses are from lying on wood I have alot of homemade wooden furniture in my yard and he loves lying on them. They once swelled up and bled a bit so I took him to the vet. He recommended vaseline so I'm using that but will try to find bag balm. I was thinking of getting a crate as I have him running around freely but will the caluses get worse?
    As for temperament I couldn't ask for a better dog he is so loving, friendly with everybody. People's first reaction is to fear him because of his looks but soon find out what a goofy he is.
    His health is very good no problems so far apart from some pyoderma in the summer but I think that was his foods fault. I am currently feeding him orijen regional red but planning to change him to totw high prairie due to the high cost of orijen.
    It costs 134USD for 29lbs of orijen regional red :(
  • Yikes! That's expensive! Do they sell Acana where you are Drogo? It's the "sister" brand to Orijen and is a bit cheaper, but still very good quality.

I believe Quinn is terrier type. She is short, thin, and very petite. 40lbs max and about 18" at the shoulder. And she has a small head... She also has a waist, which many people would disapprove of, but sometimes I feel like people's BTs are overweight and they're using breed as an excuse...but whatever!

11.10.13xxxxii.JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 5M
  • She's gorgeous! Reminds me of my girl Cookie. I personally like a slightly curved waist, Cookie has one, but it's from her exercise routine and without she wouldn't have one.
  • Sun worshiper like her mom :).
    image.jpg
    2056 x 1536 - 872K
    image.jpg
    2056 x 1536 - 483K
    image.jpg
    2056 x 1536 - 880K
    Wow, she looks Full grown already!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited February 2014
    Funny, our kids love to lie in the window box every morning, after their workout and their breakfast, they just dive up there and collapse in the sun rays.... if it's not too hot I keep the window open about 10".... any more and, if they saw a deer or a rabbit run by, they would dive out the window before they fully comprehended it was 12ft above the ground.
    WindowSeat.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • @quinnofhearts yeah we get acana but same price must be the same importer
  • Steve I know. She is 32lbs now and Phil when the neighbors walk by she has a fit! She is going to start doggy daycare 2 times a week :)
  • Dang, bad luck on the price for Acana, Drogo. I used to have Quinn on TotW when she was little, but switched her off because it gave her (worse than normal) gas and her hair was thin. I wish she would have done better on it, to be honest. Hope you find a food he loves soon. :)
  • Dorgo, why don't you give raw and make your own so michelle cheaper and healthier. So many sites available and people on this forum that can help. I am experimenting and will let you know how I get on and what I give my Milley who is now 4.5 mths old and loving raw food. I had her on Origins and than Acana and straight to raw and she loves it.