Skip to content

Bull terriers and Pit bulls

edited October 2013 in Forum Member Photos
Best buds... I love it when 2 mean looking dogs that people are afraid of can be the nicest dogs look at this great friendship in the makeing
20131004_210142.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 1M
20131004_210154.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 1M
20131004_210157.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 1M

Comments

• Maya's Best Bud...

friends.jpg
    478 x 549 - 54K
    asleep.jpg
    403 x 322 - 43K
  • Thor and Maya are so cute with their best buddies.  Makes me smile, even after a hard day.  :)
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited October 2013
    Thor, I suggest you put a bridge between the two ears to pull them together otherwise the weight of the tape might make his ears go out to the side instead of straight up.

EarBridge.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Aww Maya is adorable to thats great love to see 2 different and opposite breeds being friends gotta love.... and phil I bridge them together last night and changed out the tape and they are starting to stand up but yes sir I bridged them thank you
  • edited October 2013
    Here's a pic of Stoeger and a Blue-Pit when they met in the PetSmart parking lot.

They played great together.

Of course some loser pulled up, showing off his "intelligence" and started spouting off about how those are two mean breeds and they're fighting dogs.

Stoeger and his buddy didn't pay him any attention and continued to have fun.
    017.JPG
    1600 x 1200 - 954K
    017.JPG 953.7K
  • Love it when they make blanket comments like that. I just pick Maya up and let her give me ear kisses and smile.
  • Stoeger@ this was my comment to the last duche bag that made that comment to me......"you can make any dog mean if that's your goal". Uneducated people on these breeds are everwhere and know we have breed bans......makes me sad:( I wish I had a book to hand each person that made these iggnorant remarks!!
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • Yea, I had a lady shout at me who I've never seen at the dog park every because Spud wanted to play with her puppy and was running after it. She shouted that Spud was not trained for the dog park, wait what, trained for a dog park?

I told her off and said I didn't appreciate what she said. She then went on about how he was abused and raised as a puppy to which I mentioned what does that have to do with me and my pup. If you have a timid pup I'm all for u trying to help it but don't think that bringing it to a dog park, even at 4 months old will help it cure it away. She needs to take proactive measures with her pups and find other ways to help it out.

She was being a loser anyways talking to all owners bragging away about her income. It was a little awkward. Even one of the regulars said I have to remember her dogs names or she gets angry. I understand people treat their dogs like kids but this is a dog park and things can happen. Overprotective owners can be quite displeasing at the dog park.
  • That has to be my biggest pet peeve about dog parks! For the most part, everyone is a ok, but there is always that one jerk. Dogs are dogs, they play rough and every now and then there might be a tiff, but as long as all the owners are aware of their pups, everything is fine. I can always find out which owner owns the timid pups, just by how they act at the park.
  • Yea, I try not to bother with it. I can understand a walk or leashed at a park but bringing a timid dawg to a dawg park spells trouble.
  • yea their the ones acting as nervous as their dog!!!
  • Yea, she was real insecure and I can see it reflect on her puppy. Bringing an abused dog and one who has been bitten by another probably isnt a good idea. Plus the pup was only four months old. I aint simply refusing she cant but under those circumstances might want to get help for it.

The pup being abused wasnt her fault but it being attacked was. I wish she would listen to her on life story she was giving me and take a moment to think what she had done and take more responsibility as an owner.
  • Sometimes people tend to forget that if they are having an issue with everyone else, and everyone else is just having an issue with them, then maybe the problem is them and not everyone else. If that makes sense! lol!
  • Super cute!

We just had our first petsmart open up  last summer for the entire upper half of MI.

I took Chimera and Cesar-Chimera was only 3 months old at the time, andm y sister begged me to let her walk her around the store while i was picking out a few things.

i had Cesar by myself while my sis took Chimera around else where.

The dog trainer approached me and wide eyed asked me were i got Cesar because Bull Terriers were one of her favorite breeds of dog.

she then proceeded to tell me she couldn't own one because she owns 2 labs and Bull Terriers are "very dog aggressive and will kill any other dog, they cant live with other dogs at all"

i just stood there and smiled and ironically, my sister comes round the corner with Chimera and the trainers eyes got wide when she handed me the lead and the trainer goes

"are they both yours?"

i said

"yes, i got her from Chicago-and YES they WILL be living together..."

the trainer  was a bit speechless as i proceded to rattle off Bullie Knowledge as well as dog aggression and how it works. and she kind of excused herself and walked a way

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited October 2013
    It's amazing how ignorance abounds... Just good to realize that these people's stupidity isn't exclusive to their knowledge of dog breeds, it's to just about everything... Amazing they know how to wipe their own arses... Or do they? .... And Leslie, there's no point in giving them a book, they don't read, it'd have to be a TV show.

Oh, and by the way, I have seen some of the cutest, sweetest PitBull pups... You've gotta be a mean son-of-a-bitch to manage to turn those aggressive... But then again....
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Yea everyone has their own train of thought on training, bbrees, etc you name it. I for one will just worry about my own and not worry about others. Even if I did have knowledge of the breed id jist ask nicely to pet if possible and let them know theyve got a great dog.

I rarely find myself speaking on myself or others because at times I just want the harmony of mu bully and I. No worries in the world othet than family.
  • Here's one Phil that some jackass dummped off on a corner in Cali and left. people suck!!!! I am so jealous of you soapskid I would love not to care about even the suckist of people but I care for strangers everyday and treat them like family even though they probly don't deserve it. Its just the way God made me. I wish I could go one day unattached from my overcarring self but well I don't fair well but I sure do appreciate those that can!!!! I wish I could just hon that skill. Could you teach me???!!!
    IMG_141045789239305.jpeg
    540 x 960 - 52K
  • I'd never ask for or accept advice from a PetSmart employee.

The ones I've met didn't even realize Stoeger was peeing on their shoes.

And that's a shoe story... I mean true story.
  • Lol!!!! =))
  • Im telling ya... its crazy how ppl try and talk down on certain breeds and when me and my friend walk our dogs together " pit and bull terrier " ppl really have the nerve to tell us that we are just trying to intimidate ppl and that the only reason we have these 2 breeds of dogs is to train them mean and to have them fight... ppl are even affraid of Thor and he is only 3 1/2 months old like give me a break ppl REALLY!!!!!!! but Thor has been being very stubborn lately so everyone that see him trys and tell me im makeing him mean on purpose so thats why he is acting that way... I tell them first off I give him the most love I can give him yes im hard at times but I do my best to socialize him with dogs and people but its whatever I love bull terriers and I have no problems with pits haven't met a mean one yet... so everyone keep up the good work and keep informing ppl these are not mean breeds its just the ppl owning them making them mean
  • These are all beautiful pics guys keep them comeing but Phil where did you get that ear bridger at id love that because Thos is ripping his tape and the bridge connecting them together
  • That pic above I was typing hurried but that dog was left on a curb some girl on facebook said its a few blocks from her moms and she took it food and water but it will not leave the curb where he was left:( I sooo wish I lived near this dog......I guess they have a kill shelter and it don't stand a chance if picked up by the shelter no updates if she found someone to help him as of yet........
  • I recently fostered a pit pup, she was found dumped in a school yard with her litter mates. There was 5 total and only two alive and the other had passed. They were not even a week as they still had their umbilical cords. I'm glad to say she found a great home and as much as I had a love hate relationship with those late night bottle feedings, it was worth it (even though I cried when she went to her new home)! It breaks my heart to see such beautiful dogs treated so poorly, whether it be a pit bull or English Bull Terrier, people who do such things should be treated just as they treated those dogs. It does bother me when I take my dogs out and people cross the street, or the dog park and people make comments. I always reply with they're harmless, they share a home with a pug, and I'm more worried about my pug starting a fight then my hucklebutts! lol! (He's a grumpy old man!)

Ps.... I had to throw the pug pic in, I was amazed that my three year old was able to put both him and the pup in the kennel!
    image.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 324K
    image.jpg
    2448 x 2448 - 1M
    image.jpg
    763 x 763 - 115K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 999K
  • Awsome job saving that pibble!!!! Great pics!!!
  • Oh yea its just heart warming and great to see ppl that actually care and dont thrive on discrimination against any breed of dog and thats very sad ppl just throw away dogs like they are trash great job on the save with the pit and I love those pics they are all beautiful dogs I love any breed of dog so post as many pics as yall can of any breed all together as one big family..... LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! :)