Skip to content

3 month old bully biting habit

My bully is a 3 month old male and I cent walk him on leash because he bites it and he gets easily distracted to bite things n listens to his name whenever he wants... Also . Had a collar but took it of because he got a rash

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Bull Terriers can be stubborn at times especially when they are young. You're going to have to be patient with him and learn to be stern in your training so he understands what is and what is not tolerated.
    You can always put thee leash on him while he's inside the house and under your supervision so he can get used to it. It is natural for any puppy to bite at a leash at 3 months of age. They would much rather play and misbehave than walk calmly on a leash without any dilemma.
    The Bull Terrier puppy stage is long and tiring and at 3 months of age you have a long road ahead of you in regard to training and disciple. There are many good articles on this forum and eveen some on this very subject. Read through some of the past posts which I'm confident you provide you with an abundance of training ideas which will help in your pursuit to begin training your 3 month old Bullie.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Adrian,
    You really should read a lot of strings here about Bullie training a characteristics... I understand if he is your first Bullie they are very different from most dogs.... much better, but different.  At 3 months he still should be at a point where you can easily dominate him to understand what is and what isn't acceptable behaviour.... Unless he is pulling A LOT on the collar, which is unlikely at 3 months, he shouldn't get a rash unless the collar is of some poor material... if he is pulling a lot use a pinch collar ... they are not as harsh as you think and they don't cause rashes... invest in a stainless steel one.... They have indestructable leads .. check the internet.
    ALL Bullies only listen to "what they want".. that's their nature.... it's your job to let them know what they NEED to listen to, otherwise they will always just have things their way... that's what a Bullie is all about... trying to make you the slave and them the master... they actually have fun doing it!!!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Hey we have this problem with beau the more I tried to get her to let go of the lead the more she wanted so we did the hand feeding training to teach commands such as leave it and most of the time she does leave it now but they are so stubborn she sometimes not listen! Good luck
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Oh she listens.. She just doesn't care.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.