Skip to content

Facebook BT owners make me nuts.

I am shocked by a group of Facebookers whom will mix antifungal and antibacterials together to "fix" skin issues in their BTS. Everything from soaking them in epsome salts with lavender oil to making antifungal "bullie wipes " . Why not just change their diet to a good grain free food and try that "cheaper too " instead of playing vet??? Yes I'm bitching:( but I feel like I'm at work and took a call to those teens houses that were drunk at a party and well " hey dude lets try this"!!!! Cool man!! I guess not everyone has Steve in their corner??? Big thanks to Steve just for being so helpful!!! I am beside myself........ correct me if I'm wrong but is this crazy or is it just me????
Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited October 2013
    I see stuff like that all the time on Facebook too.  I used to make attempts to providing them with better guidance to help out their BT but found that many would take offense and strike back with how long they've owned BT's and their infinite wisdom on the breed. There are plenty of BT owners that could care less about changing the diet for their dog when they're used to paying a few bucks for Dog Chow and love seeing their commercials on TV with healthy dogs. The aspect of paying x4 more for a quality food wouldn't even be considered. Later on when they notice skin and health problems they scratch their head and wonder what happened. Then the course of correction will be some cheap home remedy. It's sad, but let's face it, it happens every day with all breeds.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I feel bad for these dogs whom have to endure this crap. I guess the old saying you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink fits well here :(
  • This also bothers me as well but I have to assume that they havnt researched the breed and the quirks. It also bothers me when I see these beautiful bullies and then I see their long long toe nails :-( is it painful for the dogs toe nails to be so long?
  • I would think it would offset the way they are able to stand and theirfor create trouble in other areas such as the joints, hips knees ect. latter?? The individuals I am speaking of rescue these dogs I'm appalled:( it is a joke how much they mess around with the health of these animals. What a mess :-q
  • I own a dremel tool.  Drills down nails, withough the stress of those nail clippers.  Does a much better job, no brittle spurs.  Such a easy fix for the dogs.  Dogs are dependant on us for everything.  Some humans need it the other way around to 'get it'. 8-}
  • Yup lets just give this guy a " special bath " RIGHT!!!! UGGGGGG X_X
    IMG_997835443015354.jpeg
    717 x 960 - 144K
  • I to use a dremel but cleo hates her feet messed with so I do sometimes just use regular clippers and sometimes bith. She turnes into sumo girl!!! She might be little but she packs a punch when its tnt time!!!
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    I really am not into the social media scene.... I guess, when it comes to Facebook Bullie owners, for the most part, the old English adage applies.... " once a peasant, always a peasant"!!!!! [-( B-)
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • <<<Facebook. <<<<Bullie Owner. <<<<Peasant? Eyes of the beholder I suppose.

While I also see some rather strange "cures" on Facebook. Along with some rather questionable advice....I have also seen social media used positively to rescue, foster, and rehome bullies that might otherwise have been euthanized. Lost bullies found as well. There are many statewide rescue organizations out there, and on Facebook, that find it a useful medium of communication to get their word out. It is what you make of it.
    edited October 2013
    It's called "generalizing", ... like "for the most part", or, (from earlier comments), " by a group of Facebookers whom", or "I see stuff like that all the time on Facebook too".....  I am sure there must be some beneficial and well meaning Facebook Bullie owners out there, a bunch in fact...... but the ones that are idiots, are.... well, idiots.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Their is positive in everything and I to try not to dwell on the negative. This group is very successful in rescue and adoption and I absolutely give credit where its due. They without question make their mark. I just hate seeing a bullie with servere skin ailments and some arse hole says just mix this and this and this.. frustrating :( I don't agree with playing vet at any dogs expense. I do however appreciate all the lives they have saved absolutely! ;)
  • Yup agreed....there are idiots among us for sure. Just have to separate the chaff from the grain.
  • The pup looks miserable, but I suppose he is in a better place. I don't have a FB, mainly cause I don't like to deal with the drama that can come from it and I also enjoy having conversations with people and have something to talk about instead of reading it all before hand on a post, but I do agree, it can be a great tool for rescues and getting word out fast in a time of need.
  • After witnessing EBT owners on FB "curing" their Bullies' allergies with anything and everything except changing diet... I've come to this conclusion.

It is easier for them to administer a "cure" than it is to admit that they're at fault because they provided such an awful diet for their pups.

Sad but true.
    Unfortunately same morons believe that their own personal cures lie in drugs and elixirs of some sort too.