Skip to content

Maya at 8 months

edited September 2013 in Forum Member Photos
Just back from the vet this morning. She's 8 months tomorrow the 10th. 38 lbs. and full of it! She took one on the nose from one of her buddies last week at the dog park. She's in season for the first time now. And she's still hoarding her toys when it's nap time. Oh, and her squeaky squirrel? It's her favorite, and our most annoying toy!  B-)
composite.jpg
798 x 390 - 70K

Comments

• Awesome-just awesome.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    She's got a collection of furry chew dolls!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • The hoarding bullie!!!! Mine don't do this but I find it very cute!!! She is absolutly gorgeous!!!!! :x
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • oh I do love her adorable face!!!
    Those stuffed animals wouldn't last a minute with a couple of my Bullies. :D
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited September 2013
    Likewise.... I always laugh when my wife brings home those advertised "indestructable" toys from the store and I end up picking up all the pieces half hour later... Thanks to "Dinky" their product testing Chihuahua.

Maya is absolutely georgous though! That face could sink an ocean liner!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I do ot know where my girls pick these up but they last at least a couple of weeks with Maya. I will find out and let you all know.
  • Maya looks great as always!

Our little man is a hoarder as well, his crate is a treasure trove of Bullie-Toys and for some reason our socks, clean or dirty he does not discriminate.
  • Thanks all. I'm back in Brazil for 3 months so I'll be missing her in my lap, giving me ear kisses, and generally just all over me. Be interesting how she continues to develop while I'm down here.

Maya is not so much a sock hoarder unless they are mine. Now not only do I have to worry with the dryer eating my socks, I have to contend with her as well!
    She knows your scent and knows what articles of clothing are yours. Maya is going to be a very loyal Bull Terrier and very much attached to you guys. Those 2 photos you posted are the type of photos that make you want to go right over there and start petting her. Yep, if I was there at the time of that first photo she wouldn't be peacefully sleeping because I'd have to start loving on her.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I suppose you're right. When I'm home she won't sleep with Lizzie, she has to be in the bed with me and she'll open the bedroom door to get in. Yes, she figured out how to do that early on. She will not sleep in the bed with my wife unless I'm there. She sleeps with Lizzie. I told Lizzie to take some of my clothing and put it in her crate so she'd feel secure. Don't know if that was a good idea or not.
  • She LOVES you!!!!! I was told that they pic a person over the others to attach themselves to. Love the family but usually pic one over the others. Your the lucky one!!! Cleo picked my husband and Brutus picked me. When they get in bed cleo plasters herself to him and Brutus plasters himself to me. Funny how it works!! In Maya's case your first choice but your daughter makes a good replacement when your gone!! What a sweetie!!!
  • You will have to get another for the wife!!!
  • Definitely agree on Bullies wanting to cuddle with one specific person.

My first Bullie loved hitting the recliner with my step-father and Stoeger loves curling up with Stoges_mom on the couch.

It seems all I'm good for is belly-rubs, ha!!!
  • edited September 2013
    That could be true. When she hits the bed with me she goes right for my spot, on my pillows, and plops right down...right there! LOL...I have to slide her across the bed to make room for myself.

And yeah, we are getting another after the first of the year so she will have a playmate (read that Steve?)....and I guess we will all three be sleeping on the sofa!

Yeah Leslie, we are back to that female bullies like the guys and the males like the gals!

That 2nd pic with the squeaky squirrel? She has her back legs on the sofa and is stretched across the space between the sofa and my recliner. She´s stuck! Once she gets into that position she´ll look at the floor then look at me. She knows her predicament. But she knows I´m gonna either grab the squirrel and start playing with her or drag her over into the reclined with me.
    Isabella is my wife's girl, and Marco is definitely my boy.... So I think there's an essence of us picking them too... I have NO idea how you guys get enough sleep with a Bullie ( or two ) in the bed!!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Actually after a ew minutes of mayhem, she settles down and goes to sleep. Can´t foretell what another one will mean in that scenario.
  • We had a pretty chilly evening here last night, at some point Stoges_mom retrieved Stogie from his crate and I woke up to a snoring Bullie under the bed blankets this morning!
  • edited September 2013
    Maya's not snoring yet...I still get the blame for that!
  • Oh my, snoring is a HUGE problem in this hous! Between stoge and his furdad they could keep the heaviest sleeper awake! Last night round about 4 am I heard stogie whining a little but and I realized it was freezing in our house! I took him out to use the bathroom and upon entering the house he made a bee line for the bedroom! I put him in and he crawled under the blanket all the way to the bottom! Lol
    If you are accustomed to adult dogs sleeping with you, then my hat's off to you for sleeping like a dead person.... Puppies are easy to sleep with, but then they get in the habit and want to sleep there when they are grown.... When they are grown they are restless and the snoring is nothing by comparison with the dream fits.... they'll kick you in the ******.... well they will kick you in the middle of the night, and you'll wish you never started.
  • Yea I bet! This wa only the second night in the human bed! I felt bad because it was so cold and I definitely have to get him another blanket for his crate. We don't have the heat on yet so it gets a little chilly during the night. We have a huge bed and so far it hasn't been a problem but I can see what you're saying Phil! He is pretty good about sleeping in his care at night and napping on the couch during the day.
    I don't think I want him to get used to sleeping in our huge bed, although there's plenty of room now. If we get another bullie friend for him (and us :-)) I can see it getting cramped!
    Back to Maya's toys and INDESTRUCTIBLE toys..... Yesterday Marco had a bad stomach (one good thing about having two kids is that if one has a bad stomach you know it's not the food).... He rarely has anything but perfect stools.... when I washed it down into the lawn I was amazed to see HUGE pieces of The Ballistic "FireHose" toy that he demolished on Friday.... that's it, no more toys, nothing is strong enough... just antlers and bullie sticks.

Yea stoges_mom, but bullies aren't like wives... no matter how big the bed is, Bullies sleep right on top of you!
  • edited September 2013
    Bully Sticks?

Just sayin'. 

We monitor Maya quite closely with her toys and as of yet she has not ingested anything. Of course that doesn't count the balloon she ate after my oldest daughter's birthday celebration. But if she does and it gets serious....we have insurance.

As far as sleeping in the bed is concerned. We lived 12 years with a chocolate lab of about 90 lbs. sleeping either on the bed or right at the foot of the bed. Mostly on the bed.

Good info Mark. However, all 3 links were almost the exact article which was conducted by the same study. I'm sure their study was correct in the fact that they found higher amounts of bacteria than most normal treats or foods. This would pose a concern for a human but a dogs system is a lot different and shouldn't be compared the same way. In the event they did the same study on a raw meat Beef Bone or any raw meats for that matter they would find high elevations of bacteria as well. So why is it that dogs don't get sick from eating these tyoe of things? Because their digestive system is much different than ours and their stomach contains much higher levels of stomach acid. They are also able to digest food at much faster speed. This type of digestive system provides them with the capabilities to eat raw meats much the same as wild animals.
    As many Bully Sticks I've given my guys over the years if they were to have posed some harm I would have at least seen a negative aftermath by now from at least one of them. Instead all I've noticed was cleaner teeth and a happier dog.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Just trying to do my due diligence. I knew the expert would chime in!
    I'm no expert and I don't think anybody could ever become an expert on the Bull Terrier breed. We all just keeping learning more and more about them every day. It's always good to put out info about any product that we know others are providing their Bull Terriers. Bully sticks are very common and can be found everywhere. They are becoming more and more popular lately and I think with the growing popularity you will always find that other companies seeing their reputation rise will do whatever it takes to come up with some way to make them look bad. To be honest, Bully Sticks are probably my dogs favorite treat. They're costly but they sure love them.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Speaking of cost.... if you're gonna drive a Lamborghini you better have the money to put gas in it!  B-)