Skip to content

Tribute to Bikkel 05.01.2005-28.08.2013

edited September 2013 in Forum Member Photos
Bikkel was a rescue bully, left tied up outside the breeders house when he was 7 months. We got him on his 1st birthday and you could not have met a sweeter dog. He took a bit of training to convince him that he was not the boss, but he soon learned and soon became a favorite in the neighborhood with every shop keeper ready to give him a cookie on his walks. We miss him terribly. (By the way, we live in the Netherlands and Bikkel was the name we inherited him with - it means tough !)
image.jpg
512 x 384 - 41K
image.jpg
385 x 325 - 46K
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 847K

Comments

• Bikkel looked awesome.  Terribly sorry for your loss.  Better to have had him for the 8 memorable years than not.  Thank you for sharing his story and photos.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • I am sure that his love and memory will forever be with you. He knew you brought him out of horrible circumstances and loved you all without condition through those 8 years. Bless you for what you did for him.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Damn it!! pjreid!!! We knew it was coming, but that makes it no easier! I feel for you again! I trust you will build a shrine for all the things that the beautiful boy left behind.... I know you tried to give him as much as he gave you in 8 years, we all try and all fail because they give everything.... Don't be a stranger! Let's hear from you while you are readying yourself for #5!  Mijn hart doet pijn!
    :(
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • So sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are with you and your family. =((
  • Awww, he was a beautiful boy! and im sure he was geatful to of be able to have you as his family.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    R.I.P Bikkel. What a gorgeous and well loved Bull Terrier you were.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Hello guys! Apologies for the delay in getting back to all of you to say many thanks for all your kind words - it really did help to know that there are people out there who really understand the pain we had to go through since Bikkel died. We had a two week holiday by the sea in Spain which really helped, if only to get away from the house and the memories for a short time.  But the house still feels very empty and will do for a long time.  We did go and see a bully that is available for adoption (due to a messy divorce) and although he was a beautiful dog with a lovely nature, being at the breeder surrounded by 10 crazy bullies was just a step too far and made us realise that it is just too soon for us to think about another dog.  So we will leave it until the new year and then have another think.  Attached is (what I think) a fantastic picture of the dog we saw.  Thanks again guys for the thoughts - you are a great bunch.
    ICE.jpg
    800 x 800 - 163K
    ICE.jpg 162.9K
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Wow, that is a great photo! Somebody owns an expensive camera!

I'm happy to hear back from you pgreid. I know how hard it is to lose a Bull Terrier that was a part of the family for many years. It will take some time but once you realize the aspect of adopting another one isn't to replace Bikkel but merely to allow a completely different Bull Terrier into your family that will soon enough find a place in your heart due to his or her own individual character and personality. No dog will ever replace Bikkel but I'm confident there are many other Bull Terriers out there just waiting to provide the humor, love, and craziness to their new owners in their own special ways unique to themselves. Visiting a breeder with other Bull Terriers and seeing many characteristics that reminded you of Bikkel is normal since the breed has so many similarities shared within all bloodlines. However, trust me when I say, they all have their own individual characters which make each one so special and different from all others.
    Take your time in your pursuit for a new family member. Soon enough you'll realize having a Bull Terrier back in your life may just bring more joy for both your family as well as the Bull Terrier that will surely be loved and cherished for their own special personality and character.

See This Face.jpg
    846 x 929 - 946K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • What Steve said. You will know when your ready. Time will heal but never erase.
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • Only been on the forum a couple of days, but I'm so sad to read this.  He knew every single day he was with you that he was loved.  No set time to mourn, just one day you'll know you're ready.  You obviously have much love to give, and one day you will meet the perfect little soul that is meant to walk next to you on your path.