Skip to content

Meet Tyson

edited August 2013 in Forum Member Photos
This is my 3 1/2 month old 20lb ebt, he joined the family when hes was 8 weeks and is loving his new home. He gets along very well with my other dog amazingly, which just a mutt but they are like brother and sister to eachother! i find my little guy tyson sleeping on top of her all the time. Here are some recent pictures of him from his 3 month period! This is my first EBT and i would love to give him the best Life possible so any tips would be awesome.  P.S. The most recent picture is from today where hes sitting against the Cabinet. Hes go that puppy belly but can still easily feel his ribs.
145.JPG
1536 x 2048 - 605K
146.JPG
1536 x 2048 - 628K
147.JPG
639 x 852 - 170K
148.JPG
960 x 720 - 90K

Comments

• Handsome boy and welcome to the forum. Quality food with ZERO Grain. There are lots of different brands out there. http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com is a good site to rate the foods.

And I know all about that sleeping on top of one another thing....

asleep.jpg
    403 x 322 - 43K
  • SQUEEEE!!! hes such a doll!! welcome! hope too see more of this handsome cutie!
  • r\\\Thanks guys =) right now hes currently on petsmart brand that's supposed to be comparable to blue wilderness the people there ensured me its nothing like the big companies foods like purina and that junk but it still kind of scares me since its petsmart, anyone know if there brand is as good as they tell me? And i will be putting up loads of pictures of this guy as the time passes since i am obsessed with him and cant wait to watch his growth!! :) he comes to work with me everyday and has become the shop mascot!
  • Don't know about their store brand. We feed Maya Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream mixed with Blue Buffalo Chicken. She's also getting a raw diet with the vitamin supplements and Grizzly Salmon Oil. She gets boiled chicken livers and gizzards and raw ground beef when we have it left over.
  • Welcome!!! I would compare the ingrediance on thr back of yhe bag as well as the nutrition.
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • Ive been looking into the raw diet but not quite sure a efficient way to do so or who has the right plan to follow! So many people have there on little tricks or its "specific to a certain breed"! also when should i start one for my little guy i dont want to introduce anything to early i already give him one hard boiled egg a week just as a treat since he sees my other dog that eats em for her coat health!
  • Welcome, what an awesome looking Bullie-Baby you have there!!!

Our pup Stoeger will be 10 weeks Thursday. He's a great eater, put it in front of him and he will make it disappear. His diet so far has consisted of the following... Victors Grain-Free kibble, NuVet Plus Supplement, Grizzly Salmon &
    Pollack Oil, knox gelatin, raw ground beef, chicken, cottage cheese, cream cheese,
    apples, blueberries, cooked beef livers, mackerel, carrots  and his new
    favorite... Fresh Green Beans from our garden
  • You're taking the correct route by doing your research and moving along at a measured pace. Maya's raw diet comes from Darwins Pet Products in Seattle. Her diet is pretty much 50% raw/50% kibble, You can get a 10 lbs. trial of their diet for $14.95/free ship. It's flash frozen, USDA inspected and human quality. They even provide guidance on transitioning to the raw whether you decide 100% raw or 50/50. But it's just one of many other raw diet choices out there. And, for the record, I am not affiliated with Darwins at all.  B-)

And there are other members of the forum that have great experience and results with raw. Some are 100% raw diets and the others are a mix of raw & kibble. I happen to be a believer in providing a quality kibble along with the raw foods.
  • Awesome guys thankyou Very helpful! i just want to make sure i can provide for his health one of the reasons i joined this place all of you seemed to be very helpful =) i saw on another thread the deer antlers and i already ordered those for his teething, and is there any suggestions as to how old before he starts on any kind of diet like that. and as far ass the supplements go since ive gotten some suggestions already could i get some more info on them like whats a must, optional and what they are for for my future knowledge?
  • if you ever have any questions about prey model-feel free to ask, that's what my two are on, prey model raw
  • Maya was transitioned to the 50/50 we have her on within a couple of weeks after we got her. NuPro and NuVet appear to be the two most used supplements. Grizzly Salmon Oil provides the all important Omega Fatty Acids for their coat. One squirt a day in the food and you're done.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    @Drewt646 - Welcome to the Forum. Those are some great photos of your Bullie. Looks like everybody has you on the right track for proper diet and nutrition. Now I get to bug you with ear taping. Since your puppy is already 3 1/2 months old and his ears haven't started to stand on their own he may need a little assistance.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    He's a good looker! I see you've got a ton of good advise already..... go with a better quality Kibble.... no grain. TOTW or other similar, and I've also gone to Darwins for raw as the other sources were too expensive, (we have two pups)... NO Treats with grain or meal or additive, liver treats or salmon treats are better.
    I'm sure he is getting exercise if he is going to the office every day, but he also needs a daily tongue dragging rush somewhere, to burn off that energy and let you have a few moments of peace. Welcome and let us know how the ear taping goes.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I need some puppies to make a new Video.  Take the tape off after a couple days not the 4-5 it says.  I have always been camera shy.  Welcome to the forum and Bullie ownership.  Your life has changed forever.   Like everyone else stated Grain Free quality food.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • Our pup needed about a total of two days with his ears taped up... and they have stayed UP!

I hope you have as much good fortune!!!

I'd suggest getting the pup tired prior to taping his ears so he can sleep for a few hours after you have taped him up. That way you get a few hours of progress before he tries to remove his headgear.
  • Hey, thanks for the video.  I really enjoyed that!  Very informative.
  • Hey Steve, can you send me that video on taping ears?  I tried to upload it and failed.
  • Awesome with the info on the ears ive been wondering what was going on there ill get on that and post some pictures after hes done with it!!!

• The knox gelatin? can i just get that at walmart and is that used for anything else besides the ears? 
  • We grabbed it at our local grocery store...
    edited August 2013
    @Drewt646 - That knox gelatin is available at any grocery store right next to the jello.

@DianeWright - I can't send the video via email because it's file size is too large but you can view it from YouTube any time you need to. I've attached a document that has really good information on ear taping as well. this you can download.

pdf
    pdf
    HowToTapeBullTerrierEars.pdf
    2M
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Hey, the pups in the ear taping doc came from the same breeder as Stoge!
    Yep, it's kind of an old document that's been well circulated but the methods used for taping shows the most common way that works just fine.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Yeah, I think he has the same PDF on his site.

This morning Stoeger's right ear is starting to go a little limp... We may have to tape him up again...
    That happens a lot. Not a big deal. Just retape as needed. His ears are looking great!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Found the youtube video.   Thanks Steve.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks Steve! We've been calling him Batman because of his "new" ears!!!

Can we just tape the one ear Steve or do you suggest both?

I'd just try a "Extra Strength" BreathRightª strip inside the ear that's flopping... be sure to clean inside with alcohol first, (not the single malt kind)... and use the flesh colored extra sticky type, not that transparent crap.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks Phil, we will give it a go!
  • What? Did ya'll say something?
    maya21.jpg
    432 x 323 - 45K
  • so i got everything i need for the taping now, how do i do the nox just a packet in his food once a day half a packet or... what?

How many times you feeding him?... split the packet over the day.
    That knox gelatin won't do him any harm at all. Many actually use it as an ingredient for canine weight gain as well. We've always poured the entire pack on the food and mixed it up.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I pour the whole pack in stoegers breakfast every morning! I don't know if it works or not but he has one ear up all the time and won't keep the tape on long enough for the other ear to stay up! Lol I am going to try Phil's suggestion with the breathe right strip today though! Hopefully that works :-) if not he is still cute as pie, even with a halfway floppy ear!
    If you get the Breath Right strip in just right, not to deep, not too swallow, more toward the outer edge of the ear... there's hardly any hair there, and get it to stick well, he won't even know it's there... and it'll last a day or three, depending on if it gets wet. I had both Marco's up and then the one flopped... after about two weeks (he has really heavy ears) it stayed up... so, if the BreathRight can work on his, they can work on Dumbo's