Skip to content

Sore Paws and belly

Hi my 3 year old bully has been licking  her feet a lot and  are a bit red also chest is sore. She has a flea coller on but might it  still be fleas.

Is there anything i can do to help its a bit difficult because she's not a big fan of people touching her feet. 

Might it be a idea to give her a bath first?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Not many Bullies are foot fiddler fans... (I'd advise any new parents to fiddle with their Bullie's feet really early, frequently, nicely, so they get used to it).... The foot licking is normally indicative of a digestive ailment, especially if the feet are getting brown... What's her diet?, is she spayed?

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • her diet is tripe with little wheat free biscuit she will be getting spayed end of this month.

Feet are a nice and clean looking just got sore spots.

Thanks for any help

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    The usual first place for the effects of skin allergies to form is the feet. The irritation causes them to lick at the feet only making it worse. I'm confident the red spots you see on her feet and belly are associated with her diet and causing food allergies. I recommend changing her diet. Here's a link to review for proper Nutrition that I recommend: http://bulliesofnc.com/bull-terrier-nutrition

Here's a thread from this forum on Skin Allergies:
    http://www.bulliesofnc.com/BTforum/discussion/10/skin-allergies-with-bull-terriers#Item_33

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • just a few photo's even behind ears got some redness

IMG_1449.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    IMG_1448.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    IMG_1447.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
  • It (probably) is food related. Because of the ears and the paw licking I wouldn't think it was a contact allergy from grass or something. I'm assuming the tripe is beef tripe? If she has a beef allergy a flare up from the tripe isn't out of the question. 

With that being said, is that all you're feeding is tripe? If you're going the raw route I'd suggest doing some more homework. A proper balance of meat/bone/offal is important. Just the tripe alone is not sufficient enough. If you don't have the resources for that I'd much rather have a quality kibble food over a deficient raw diet. Keep us posted!
  • Its just tripe the only allergy she has is to wheat. Her diet is tripe with handful of wheat free dry food and some cooked chicken. Been on it for 2months now and this has only just started. 

So thats why i thought might be fleas etc

Thanks for any help
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    It's good that you're staying away from wheat but you need to stay away from Grain all together. I would also encourage you to provide her with a supplement that will enhance her immune system and provide additional health benefits.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Hi my bully has sore spots in-between her toes she not licking alot but they are swollen abit she had 10 pups 12wks ago and lost all her fure came out she also had some dry bits of skin on her back but they have cleared up now it's just her feet i feed her bakers complete do you think it's that??
  • If the bakers complete is not grain free yes. Buy a good grain free food you can consult dogfoodadvisory.com for a list of 5 star grainfree foods. I am not familiar with bakers but put that in the search bar on this site and it will give you its rating and their input on the food. Most on here use taste of the wild or blue buffalo grainfree. Good luck and keep us posted:)
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    @char, if you read further back up this string you find the input you need to fix this up... And/or do a search on "skin" in the top right box and a bunch of strings with the same symptoms and solutions will come up.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.