Skip to content

How to live a long life!

edited August 2013 in General

Just adopt a completely spoiled rotten dominant Bullygirl who is 15 months old! There, you have the secret! I have not been on to update you all on Brooklyn and her surprise arrival as I have been running my A__ off and am exhausted! LOL Why do I think this Bully will extend my lifespan? Well, I have had to cut down oon my AM Coffee for one thing; I pour it and forget it! Don't know where I put it and don't seem to care. It will turn up eventually!

Then there is one extravagance I have allowed myself, I sometimes have a glass of wine with my dinner. Well, let me tell you all,  that if you get a Bully like I did you are never in danger of becomig an alcoholic! I pour the wine...then, well see above about the coffee!  I am thinking that somewhere there are cold cups of coffee and hot glasses of wine sitting around to be claimed! Keep your eyes open! LOL And there is NO doubt I am losing weight! Now I admit that this is a much easier way to do it than major surgery like I did last year, but I really would like to have something for dinner besides a slice of watermelon and for lunch some cold cuts!   Forget breakfast...it ain't gonna happen!

Brook has  faced some hard truths too since she came and stayed here on Sunday. She must wear a 6 ft lead in t he house. She cannot torture Pumba with love no matter how cute she is! He needs his space.She thinks he is a God. LOL He thinks she is the Devil!  When she gets exasperated with me and that lead on she tries to figure out a way to detach us. Last night she thought about things while I was sitting at one end of the couch, she was on the floor. Then like a shot she jumped flat footed clear over my head and landed on the other end of the couch! She was most annoyed to find we were still attached!  I was laughing soo hard!

As that did not work, she thought about things almost through viewing of The First Season of Meerkat Manor and BONG! She gave a mighty leap over the recliner just by us.. Well,  we were STILL attached!  So, she has not tried to turn into Super Girl again but I am keeping sharp! LOL

She adores it here, does huge Bull Runs all over the 2+ acres and just has a wonderful time. Never in her life had she been off of a leash and not really outside much at all. She has not fallen in the pond yet as I have had a lead on her when we are sitting there at the water. AS of yesterday her feet are tender and its no wonder! I am  using a mushers paste on them. The vet gave her a clean bill of health except for a yeast infection in one ear. We're treating that.

She has a LOT to learn yet( she and I are signed up for Ob classes starting the 25th)and I expect we'll go on and earn her AKC CGC too. at least I hope I am up for it. I know she is!   

If I can get Steve's permission I'll send one pix of her for the forum to him.  So, cross your fingers for us and for Pumba too! He is disgruntled to say the least although he thinks she is cute.

Now i am going to try and have a real dinner!!  LOL  Sonja, Pumba and Brooklyn!

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Send me the pics and I'll post them on this thread!

I used to think I could keep up with my bullie's energy level when I was a little younger but those darn bullies could wear down a Platoon of Marines and make them look lazy.

I used to take a Bull Terrier with me when I'd go for a PT run. 5 miles of non-stop running is a joke for a Bull Terrier that's in good shape. They can go all day and then some. They'll play hard but when it's time to crash out and sleep they can do that fast too.

Now a days I don't run like I used to and resort to throwing a ball back and forth from one position. Much easier this way and I can get them tired from working sprints out of them. :)

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Good to hear Sonja. No matter what even if you're away we still welcome you with open arms. Glad to see the younging get some proper attention.

Mike
  • Thanks Steve! I'll have my real dinner now, out of the freezer! LOL Then I'll see if I can get an email to you while this Wild Child is sleeping! LOL  Sonja, Pumba and Brooklyn
  • Yes Phil! She is getting that alright! Man we had quite a time at the vets and then Petsmart today. This was so good for her as she got lots of treats and love in both places. So hopefully when she goes to classes she'll be looking forward to it!

I picked up a soft crate for her today. I think with that in her Ex Pen and a towel over it and, her cuddle bed inside that she won't be cold at night. This time of year I don't have any heat on.

Thanks for the nice thoughts! Uh OH, time to get Brooklyn back outside for some Bull runs! LOL

Sonja, Pumba & Brooklyn
    @Sonja - I remember a past thread where you were wanting to reduce the size of your photo's because they are large and take a long time to upload and download. Here's a very simple way to reduce any photo that's on your computer:
    Prior to double clicking on the photo to open it up, point the mouse of the photo icon, and right click on the mouse. A window will open up and you will see the option "EDIT." Click on EDIT. The picture should open in a windows program called PAINT. You will notice the true actual size of your photo from this program. If the whole picture doesn't fit on the screen and you need to scroll down and left and right just to see the photo than it is TOO big. However, if you look in the tool bar at the top towards the left you will notice an option saying "Resize." Click on Resize and a box will pop ip on the screen. You'll see it saying "Horizontal" = 100 and "Vertical" = 100. If you change the Horizontal to 20 the vertical number will change to 20 also to keep the picture proportions correct. Once you hit "OK" you'll see the photo shrink in size. You can resize it again bigger or smaller until it's the size you want. Then just click on the Save button and your done. Try it. It's very easy, I promise.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    OK everybody, meet Sonja's Bullie - "Brooklyn"

These photos have been uploaded and emailed to me via Sonja's state of the art phone dial up modem at warp speed!

Brooklyn 1.jpg
    691 x 886 - 374K
    Brooklyn 2.jpg
    420 x 522 - 150K
    Brooklyn 3.jpg
    366 x 287 - 66K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Aww, what a doll!

Now I can clearly picture her leaping, she's sooo long-legged!!!
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited August 2013
    Wow! Now that is a "something else!!" looking dog!!!  I think you didn't adopt her, you paid a million dollars for a looker like that!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Nice looking girl.  She does have some long legs.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • Thank You Steve, both for the size reduction for photos help! And for posting the pix's of the Tornado-Wild- Child named Brooklyn! She survived me leaving her for the first time today(HAD to get mower gas and groceries!)and I had asked my neighbor to look out for her as I left her in my "Foster Dog Pen(6ft Dog wire fence with covered 8X16ft "barn", and picnic table to jump on and off when she got frustrated.

When I got home the nice neighbor Ruben said "Yes indeedy, she did scream like a banshe but only for half the time. LOL
    She is learning skills and cues in tiny baby steps. It is just like bringing home a 9 wk old puppy that has NEVER in its entire life faced any resrictions on her wants, desires and wishes! She has been able to do anything she wants, when she wants it since 7 wks old! So am going slowly with her.

Yes, you guys can all see she is not well bred at all! She is the product of a backyard breeder I find out. No mama dog in sight with those puppies and they were just 7 weeks old! The lady who bought her said she viewed this as a "RESCUE" as those people needed money bad, so Brook got taken out of there. The nice lady was not in any way dog-smart but at least she got Brook out of that place! When I first saw Brook I thought she had the build of a Bedlington Terrier! Don't you think so?

Thanks to all of you! I so appreciate this forum!!! My bro in Vegas is seriously ill so you guys and Brook are my bright spots.

Sonja, Pumba & Brooklyn in OR
    So sorry to hear about your brother! BIG Bummer! Let's pray he gets better, we'll find him a Bullie.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.

• Thanks Phil! A bit of improvment today...he recognized his wife! Relief!

I wanted to tell you good people that Brooklyn is also helping me to "Go Green!" YES, she is good for the environment! You see, I have not had the time to mow the danged meadow and the grass is "As high as an elephants eye!" Well, its not that high yet really, I can still see Brook and Pumba when they're out there! LOL I finally got into town and got gas for the riding mower so, tomorrow AM I Must MOW! It takes about 4 hours to do the whole thing so I break it up into two days. Oh my aching butt!

Isn't it nice that these Bullies are so good for us? LOL Sonja, Pumba & Brooklyn
    Recognizing his wife! That's surely a good sign... there are lots of men who, even at the best of times, would find THE WIFE the last thing they want to recognize!
    :-))
    Good luck with him,...and tomorrow, remember it'll go faster if you sing," I Mow, I Mow, it's off to grass I go!"