Skip to content

Judging the Bull Terrier on traits we perfer

Strictly appearance, what is most important to you when you judge one based on preference? Ill go first in naming things I think are important. Dont be afraid to admit some faults of your own dogs! Nobody here has the "perfect" bullie they can all improve somewhere.

Feet: I really love nice cat feet, sometimes I see dogs with horrible feet and long quicks, scarlett my female has poor feet, I cant get her nails short enough for my liking.
Ears: I cant stand floppy ears! I like them small, and correctly placed.
Teeth: I HATE underbites, and sadly, Electra has one, luckily it hasn't passed on but her wonderful head sure did and her goofy fun loving personality.
Tail: I noticed shorter stubby tails look nicer, Claxxton's breeder pointed it out to me on his dogs and I never noticed before, he has some of the best quality dogs i've ever seen, even a rufus granddaughter!
Chest: I like nice deep chests, below the elbows.
Bone: I never understood the idea of bone or substance until I started seeing them first hand, now I am in love with the look and its even more rare now days to see dogs with great bone.
Eyes: I love love love small dark eyes, like really small, I think it makes a huge difference in the expression of the dog (coming from a show perspective) big eyes in bullies never looks right.

Comments

• I myself am not a breeder as my male is neutered and with his issues I certainly would never breed him even if I did, and my female is spayed she has urinary incontinance:( and corns that grow on her feet:/ regardless I love them flaws and all! I like the short wide bullies with the bigger feet and shorter tails! The eyes I agree need to be small. I think it gives them more of an expression, and the nose I like long and curved! This is just me and what my female has my male don't and vise versa:) I just lovem, all of them:)
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.