Skip to content

Lump removed I regret doing this so much

Betty had a lump on her rear thigh we got it tested and no cells could be found so we observed it it trebled in size so we thought we should get it removed.
The poor baby now has a huge open wound on her leg god knows how it's going to heal.
The lump came back as benign fatty lump which was attached to her thigh muscle.
I hate myself for getting it removed she is in such a state.
Can anyone who has been through this offer any reassurance it will heal 

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Right now it probably looks horrible but just it some time and it'll heal up nicely. About 9 years ago I had a Bull Terrier get by a Copperhead. The venom really left a bad hole in his leg. The Vet assured me it would heal but if you seen it you'd have thought the huge hole would never heal. It was as if lots of muscle and tissue was gone. Yes, it left a scar but it healed up and healed much better than I ever imagined. 
    Give it some time, it'll heal.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • bettysdadbettysdad newcastle upon tyne
    Cheers steve 
    Its absolutely horrific at the moment but she is not bothered at all by it.
    We just thought it would be a very routine operation but her wound got infected.
    20240607_173500.jpg
    2268 x 4032 - 1M
  • BrooklynBrooklyn New York
    You should bring her back to vet, she might need stitches. This wound does not look good at all. Bull terriers are very tough and rarely show pain or discomfort. Wishing your baby a speedy recovery!

her stitches failed due to an infection this was a second op to remove infected tissue.

It looks like it's healing alright now. Just keep it covered and keep on the prescribed meds and ointments. It's going to heal from the inside out.
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • jur45jur45 australia

If at all you get another lump surfacing, try putting castor oil on it. All lumps, cysts etc.

Look up Barbara o Neil AU....wealth of natural healing you can learn.

You could spray colloidal silver a few times per day to aid healing.

Wishing a quick recovery🤞

• that1Boomerthat1Boomer Middletown, PA
    Not sure if this will help ease your mind. But McKenzie had a small bump (pea sized) on her right side at 6 months old. They removed it by cutting a golf ball sized hole in her abdomen. It took ages to heal. Plus she was so energetic, she pulled the stitches out and got a hematoma. Finally the poor thing started to recover from it about 3 months later. We felt horrible about it because it was fatty tissue as well. It has never slowed her down. She is now 6 and living a great life and is super well behaved. The best dog I have ever owned. Hands down. To this day, she has a scar, but it is covered in hair and not easy to notice at all. That is saying something for a white Bull Terrier. 

Keep the wound clean. As Steve said, it looks to be healing. All the best.  
    Betty is doing great these dogs are as hard as f@#k this has not bothered her one bit 
    20240618_094513.jpg
    1856 x 2596 - 2M
    I CAN ALSO RECCOMEND ELIZABETH ARDEN 8 HR CREAM FOR HEALING WOUNDS
    Looking much better, like I knew it would. Healing from the inside / out. She'll have a scar but I'm sure Betty is like all other Bullies and won't care about a mark on her that certainly isn't going to slow her down or cause any hindrance. 
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com