Skip to content

Memphis current days (leaky gut issue)

Hello all

What a time, every day is a blessing he is here!

From having a positive response on homeopathy for the first week to a dramatic rapid decline on Saturday. His joints have severely swelled. He could barely walk. Devastated. He was and is critical as each day can change.

All I can think is I was giving him small amounts of beef mince with his herbs. I did gradually increase without a thought as he was feeling good. A new dog. However Saturday was scary, he couldn't walk! Ive ditched the beef but thought I'd try small amounts of rabbit as it is a cooling protein. Lamb is hot and he needs cooling . Well he started mobilizing better however severe infections have surfaced.

The homeopath recommended another allergy/hair test which I'm waiting on. He has AB herb tonic which is increased. He is not as mobile today. His skin is sore. Legs are sore. I cannot let him run when he wants too (stick play) as his paws bleed. It is touch n go. I do really hope he has time for us to resolve via the results of the allergy test. The homeopath is on leave but contactable however if he gets too bad, I will be at the vet again.

Steve, I'm gonna ask what would you do?

Any new vet I approach will 100% put him on AB for current infections and more, plus order more tests etc. We know this is not for the good of the dog but to keep him alive. I am told see another vet, there are good vets.....I know they all treat the same with medications so I am not going on the hunt for the same drill nor pumping him with meds for life. He doesn't have time to experiment on harming medications whilst they try to diagnose either. I have absolutely no confidence in this path. Leaky gut is his issue. (Bloods, urine were done December, all ok)

Am I wrong to think this?

My take and reality is..... If this homeopathy doesn't work and he passes, I will live with this decision.

Do you keep a dog on life long medication to give life knowing it will bring consequences after? Then have to deal with the severity of a sick dog later? I believe he won't live long on medication anyway.

I know this is a personal question and not everyone will agree.

Some say what's wrong if he needs lifelong medication? He and I get more years (maybe) he's young, deserves more etc.

He is being treated naturally with AB herbs, immune boosting tonics, probiotics, gut healing supp, skin herb spray, herbal shampoo. I feel comfortable knowing it doesn't give him long term side effects.

Oxygen therapy was another option but not available here that I can source.

Your honest opinion appreciated.

IMG_20240212_104625_248.jpg
4160 x 3120 - 5M
IMG_20240213_151633_406.jpg
3120 x 4160 - 4M
IMG_20240214_103953_635.jpg
3120 x 4160 - 4M
IMG_20240216_093214_833.jpg
4160 x 3120 - 4M
IMG_20240216_195104_901.jpg
4160 x 3120 - 4M
IMG_20240216_195117_935.jpg
4160 x 3120 - 5M

Comments

• Hi Sarah,

Memphis skin condition looks painful, I feel horrible you guys are going through this. Billie had those sores on her ankles - I took her to the vet and she was given 10 days of oral antibiotics, which didn't help. It took over 2 months for her ankle sores to heal. I hope Memphis gets better soon, sending prayers your way

• jur45jur45 australia

Hello Tina 😃

Nice to hear from you.

I wish I could have better news for you. I'm in a hard place.

As you probably know from reading my prior posts, I font think AB are going to do much. Hes had way too many and hardcore super ones already. Infection spots I'm applying neem oil dilution. It softens the scabs, hair etc plus all homeopathy items. It can only do so much as its internal that I can't remedy.

He isnt mobilizing much at all

signal-2024-02-18-15-12-05-470.jpg
    547 x 972 - 98K