Skip to content

Memphis skin nightmare🙉

Hello all, its been awhile.

I have no easy sailing with Memphis.

Its been up n down for ages and I got to this level of severity. Refer to pictures. As I write, its only day three since. His skin is still showing angry redness which I think is a concern regardless of AB and injections administered on Wednesday.

Prior to seeing the vet, we drastically did a 180 on his raw diet of lamb. My partner had enough and decided to feed him cooked Turkey mince (not organic) brown rice, cooked carrot and egg (not organic) Nothing changed except he was hungry.

I took him to the vet Wednesday and decided to leave him to be sedated, investigated and treated. They nor I expected this Level of infection. I am glad they did a thorough check and treatment. He is on antirobe 150mg AB for 20days. I went back to raw lamb and raw veggies day after visit. Waiting patiently for some relief as I dont want to go back to pump more AB etc. and be told to change diet so I'm doing it earlier than revisit on 27/12.

I forgot to mention he had AB injection about six weeks back, Chinese skin supplements etc but the infection came back to this. Oregano oil plus all other supps could not stop it. I know somewhere, I am feeding his body with the culprit or my environment. The salt water swim always did him good but I'm still trying to solve the real reason to get him to a somewhat healthy dog.

My vet still believes he needs 30% raw veg which can be turnip, daikon, lettuce, greens, little carrot, green pear (cooling veg)

I have never fed him kibble and still reluctant but others tell me to try. This goes against everything I research but i do ultimately want a happy dog.

Just doing my best.

BTW he is happy with his stick🥰

IMG_20231204_155010_958.jpg
3120 x 4160 - 7M
IMG_20231204_171724_099.jpg
4160 x 3120 - 5M
IMG_20231204_171749_779.jpg
3120 x 4160 - 5M
IMG_1432-2.jpg
1200 x 1600 - 401K
Screenshot_20231207-213141.png
720 x 1560 - 646K
IMG_20231208_112403_876.jpg
4160 x 3120 - 4M

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    His skin condition is really bad. The poor guy must be miserable. My biggest worry would be pumping him with prescription drugs are prone to weakening the immune system which I honestly feel is the root of the problem to begin with.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • jur45jur45 australia

I know Steve. I held off for so long, I always do but I couldn't contain it. I try so hard!

I think he's only had 5 courses of AB in his life.

He looks better this morning at least.

I'll update on his progress😊

• that1Boomerthat1Boomer Middletown, PA
    edited December 2023
    I really hope you find the cause. He has to be feeling crappy from the irritation. I do agree with prescriptions being the weakening of the immune system ultimately. They do offer a little result though, until the cause is discovered. But long term, they took Murphy from me at 9 yrs. She just couldn't fight off anything that was viral. Ultimately leading to her early departure from me. Mind you, this was from 3 years of following a vets advice and prescription treatments. To this day they as a medical center could not tell me what the problem was. I have my own opinions, but that doesn't solve anything now.

Just keep approaching like you are, ask many questions and make the best decisions you can. I pray for the best.  
  • jur45jur45 australia

Thankyou Boomer, I am asking everywhere just 'maybe' ive missed something or not tried something 'magical'. You know I'd really like to sleep outside with Memphis for a week to rule out indoor environment. Our weather has been to up n down but maybe. I'm keen🥰

I just sent these pics from today (after exercise, swim) to my vet to give me more advice going forward. He gets new welts upon heat of his body. Everyday is important as I dont want more AB. For them, another course is not a problem but everyday it bothers ME and ultimately Memphis. You see I only go this route at the very end when I can do no more. I don't want him deceased so what can one do? How much decline can I see whilst trying 'all' on natural remedies and a decline in his health n happiness😖

I fought hard for both of them to remain intact, for their health and so on. I know I am to be more positive....visualize the healing....and it will manifest but ive been so let down when ive been so hopeful. Prior to his last AB injection the vet let me do a week oregano oil natural AB/arma force natural immune supplement but I couldn't contain the infection! I then had to give in.

Your story is sadly the case for a lot of owners I talk to. They tell me their stories and constant medication that they blindly are using as they see results. As per vets recommendations.

Do I want Memphis to live longer on these medications and have some quality of life or me getting shorter good days and back to this. Some say my way even though I mean well, may be a crueler route🤔

Ill keep you all updated. I'm sorry to rehash your memories forgive me🙏

Just remembered, he is a lazy drinker, always has been. He needs fluids to flush out toxins!!! I had his urine tested way back and it was all good just concentrated. Our water is bad as you know. I structure it so to speak but he doesn't drink it, well rarely. He goes to the outside water bowl which is rain/tap water. He used to drink with Moose, then I had to stick my head in the bowl as he waited for a friend lol I didnt want to make a habit of it and he can drink solo too. Just that its not an adequate amount for his toxic body. I am thinking the AB may have put him off the water a bit. I'll just have to syringe some for his benefit😉

And then there's the missing of Moose in play here with his health💫

IMG_20231211_153148_894.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 4M
    IMG_20231211_153152_409.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 5M
    IMG_20231211_153130_450.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 5M