Skip to content

Memphis turns three🥳

Hello everyone!

My Memphis turned three on 8th. September🤩💙💙💙

We're dealing with quite a bad skin issue but nothing I haven't experienced nor resolved unfortunately.

Lapping up each n every day as best we can with our ever shining spirit Moose💫💞

IMG_20230909_140457_902.jpg
1396 x 1853 - 579K
IMG_20230909_175617_741.jpg
3120 x 4160 - 5M
InCollage_20230908_232345422.jpg
1660 x 2941 - 2M
InCollage_20230908_231630176.jpg
1024 x 1814 - 1M
IMG_20230909_140409_560.JPG
2788 x 3672 - 3M
IMG_20230824_214748_512.jpg
4160 x 3120 - 3M

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    She looks well loved and attended to. Have you tried the NuVet supplement? It will boost her immune system and most often really help with skin issues and allergies.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • jur45jur45 australia

Oh how I wish I could get nuvet Steve.... I'm in AU

Some suppliers down your end go through NZ to get products to us....if this is possible I'd definitely get it🤔

Memphis is a boy😉 and Moose' younger bro🥰

IMG_20230909_175623_334.jpg
    3120 x 4160 - 5M
  • Happy 3rd birthday Memphis!!! Great pics ❤️

It's crazy how Australia will not allow importing certain products when they have other products sharing the same ingredients within different foods, supplements, etc.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • jur45jur45 australia

I'm waiting on a quote to get it via third party...will cost heaps this way I'm sure.

Just back from the vet. He's got some herbal skin medication capsules and topical herbal AB. I'm going to omit beef and I have to include some cooling veggies as he runs hot internally which I can see, he over heats easily.

I just wish I could relax and nail this diet/immune system as its been a long challenging haul. I tried to ignore it after Moose' demise and I lost confidence since. Just wanted to be somewhat normal and not go down the rabbit hole again.

I'll keep you all updated to a healthier Memphis soon I'm hopeful🙂

IMG_20230917_031612_728.JPG
    3120 x 2319 - 988K
    IMG_20230917_031420_641.jpg
    3120 x 4160 - 3M
  • jur45jur45 australia

$400 for two bottles😳😳😳

• that1Boomerthat1Boomer Middletown, PA
    Happy 3rd Birthday Memphis!
  • jur45jur45 australia
    edited September 2023

Thankyou and Hello Boomer! Just thinking about you and McKenzie🥰

As you can read I'm still battling my poor boys immune system lol

He doesn't look good this evening but his walk n play was very good regardless💙

IMG_20230919_225700_586.jpg
    3120 x 4160 - 3M
  • He looks content ❤️

Mckenzie has been battling a yeast infection in her ears. Saturday was her last day of drops and we flushed her ears yesterday. Let me tell you this, she hates ear drops now. But she lets us do it none the less. We did learn the value of not changing her diet. Even if she seems board with her food. Stick with what works. Within 24 hours, she had bumps and red rash all over her stomach and ears. Her feet were inflamed and she was licking them. All this from a small change to her diet. So, we stopped the diet change, back to normal old boring food. But the yeast infection was still bothering her ears. She is way better at this point, but last month she was a wreck. She is back to bugging the cats to play, but they pop her in the snoot and tell her no. They are no fun for her rough housing. So she is content chasing squirrels and birds. :smiley:   

Memphis does look content. God bless him. I hope he gets some relief soon. They all seem to have great deal of tolerance for whatever trouble they face. I'm glad he is doing well otherwise. 
  • jur45jur45 australia

Hello Boomer🥰

You just assured me, its not worth changing their diet if you're smooth sailing so to speak😉 I just haven't smooth sailed long enough to enjoy relaxing.... but I experienced choppy by slacking off and trying to be normal in the dog world. Well that didn't🙄

I'm happy to hear McKenzie is back to herself chasing squirrels and birds!

We ventured out as his limp was not very present this morning. He needs his beach stimulation as its a long boring day without seeing the sea, sand n sticks. Skin isn't remedying as quick as I'd like but herbal formulations probably take longer to see results. 🤞 I don't have to do conventional AB. Four weeks is what is recommended before review.

There isn't a day I walk that I am not asked about my beloved Moose❤️💫 he was so well known even from the many in the distance, I did not see, but they saw him/us 🤍

edited September 2023
    For as big of a planet we live on. I feel as though I could just hop in the truck and come to visit. The dogs would have a blast and I could let you know that you are doing all the right stuff and give you a hug. <3 But reality always wins, that would be a long ride. Please know that we all care and understand the ups and downs. Even if not in person, you are in our thoughts. It's a small world in that regard. Many, many people knew moose and that's a great thing. Just think how many people would miss you if you stopped taking that walk. <3
    Everything has a way of working out. All the best of luck with Memphis. 4 weeks is not that long at all. Time goes super fast these days.  
  • jur45jur45 australia

What a lovely message to read Boomer🤗 gee I wish I could pop in and to see Steve for help. I know he'd get it right for me too! If these herbs don't work I may have to import nuvet via third party to see if its my golden ticket😜 And thankyou once again it means ALOT❤️

• I hope McKenzie is 100 % now! I know slight changes in their diet can cause a havoc!

• Moose is around you in spirit and always will be ❤️ hopefully Memphis is getting better!

• jur45jur45 australia

I'm going through hell again. Total flip 180° omg🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Vet tomorrow but they'll go down western med route😖 idk what to do now🤔

IMG_20231005_152323_925.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 6M
    IMG_20231005_152315_337.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 7M
    IMG_20231005_152248_102.jpg
    3120 x 4160 - 6M
    The poor thing. I would schedule a full allergy panel test to pinpoint exactly what he reacts to. There's something causing an allergic reaction.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • jur45jur45 australia

Current update on Memphis

I had to go to the vet and of course was advised to give AB injection as she is worried the infection being so close to his bones (near ankles) could be a big concern internally. His skin lesions always broke out around the ankles first and have been present for well over a year up and down. I managed to deviate the ABs with giving oregano oil as a substitute AB along with herbal skin supplements from her. I have a week. I'm going back on Friday.

I believe he's turned a corner. The scabs are coming off. I am doing topical urine which is working faster than aloe vera, herbal topical AB and all the other ones I was alternating with. If I'm putting numerous topical solutions on I don't know what's working, too difficult. I've also had to cook his lamb hearts to get him to eat more and he looks a bit fatter. He was only 21kg and looked slim but not healthy. Now he looks just that bit better, swims, plays normal.

Steve I did allergy testing way back for both of them which came up with numerous triggers hence why I give minimal. Upon researching more on allergy testing, germ v terrain theory etc. I am not a believer of 'allergy triggers' as such but a toxic body it is trying to detox via the skin (symptom). Allergy testing picks up at the time of testing, what their sensitivities are at that time but change according to how strong or in Memphis's case, how overloaded with toxicities his body is. As you've always stressed, with a strong immune system just like us humans, we can deter these skin symptoms but I just cannot get his immune system A1.

I know I haven't nailed his diet right. I'm back to resorting to raw lamb necks, now cooked lamb hearts, no offal (beef liver treat maybe two small bits, when I give tablets only) I ditched the veggies the vet recommended as it makes him eat less. I was giving raw sardines every two weeks but I cut this out too. I messed up by giving Memphis raw beef after moose passed. I let my guard down and this is how Memphis fell into his current skin flare-up. I just wanted to be somewhat normal and vary his diet but it always backfires. Yes I've tried chicken, eggs, veggies but i m at a loss. Its been so long. Some dogs are fine one protein raw. If this sustained his health it makes my job easier too. I'm reluctant to do one day fast as recommended for raw feeders as hes too thin. The vet being alternative Chinese/western, says his body runs too hot internally hence recommending cooling vegetables/fruits. I'd have to mince his food to hide any veggies as such. Are the veggies that crucial in your opinion for carnivores? I do see he struggles with heat and its not hot yet either. Hes not a big drinker either which doesn't help. He was used to drinking simultaneously with Moose and yes I have to admit, when he stands and stares at his water bowl looking for a companion to drink....yes its my head that pretends to drink with him🤣 its getting less and less as hes adjusting to being a solo big boy😉

I believe you give dry food mixed with raw, veggies etc but I'm hesitant to do commercial food at all.

I received a quote for nuvet $400 for two bottles to AU. This may be my next step as it's the only supplement I haven't tried that you highly recommend.

I'll keep you updated as how our Friday visit goes😊

• jur45jur45 australia

I forgot to send this☝️

Anyway...here's the update

After one week on oregano oil alternative AB, it didnt work. Urine topically was great but I left it too late to reverse quick enough.

He received injected AB last Friday supposed to last two weeks. He has mimosa oil and msm used topically. Herbal supp plus armaforce immune supplement.

Well after a week yes he looks better. We know AB masks his underlying issue so I will have to be more vigilent and gung ho in using the urine stat. It truly is fast healing! My fault for taking a back seat approach. He has more energy and unfortunately has a reoccurring limp. I think with his excitement and jumping it hinders his recovery with this leg. He jumps into the water full on and the sand levels do fluctuate on landing🙄

He has one more week and I pray no more AB🙏