Skip to content

10 mo old neutered male EBT

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.. i have a chance to adopt a 10 mos old male EBT, hes neutered. I have an 11 yr old Shih Tsu male, neutered, and a 4 yr old male Goldendoodle who is still intact due to neurological problems. Am I setting myself up for disaster! Im going to the Humane Society tomorrow to meet him. Do you think he could become dog aggresive as he ages? I dont know his personality, but his bio on the HS site said he s dog tolerant. If anyone has any insight into this, please let me know your thoughts Thanks

Comments

• I don't think anyone could answer your question. It will depend on few factors - if your current dogs like the new addition to the family, if adopted dog likes them back. Your skills as their human pack leader. The level of socialization of the bully, his personality, temperament and genes. I think foster-to-adopt option would be the best in your situation. Usually it takes up to 3 months for adopted dog to build trust and bond with new family. 
    Good luck! :) 
  • We went to meet him yesterday. He was a very handsome boy, but he scared my little Shih Tzu to death! So I had to pass on him. If anyone is looking for a male EBT, theres a nice one at the Omaha Nebraska Humane Society…..