Skip to content

MOOSE sadly passed away this morning😭

jur45jur45 australia

This is my third attempt....

This is the saddest day. How to write?

I commenced a 28 day mms protocol for both my boys simultaneously. All went well ate, drank, exercised normally. Shortly after moose became sombre. Realized he was constipated around six days. Pumped him with an erray of foods. He pooped, thought all was good. He gad his final beach, swim play. Following day he ate four small meals. The next day lost a heap of weight. Saturday found tapeworm's so we decided to worm him, he threw this up. Sunday he was lethargic, skinny, really unwell.

Monday vet diagnosed acute kidney failure. I struggled with a grim reaper locum vet but I fought along with Moose to give him a chance. On IV till Saturday in which he showed promising signs. He enjoyed coming home to be with us all. Sunday he drastically declined. Refused food. Syringe force feeding which I knew he was shutting down. He got to gather lasting memories sun baking, snuggling up in the couch, one last sleep with Memphis.

Monday, today they were both booked in for bloods. Memphis got the all clear but moose was shutting down. I knew, he showed me and it was a peaceful, sad but he truly looked so beautiful resting in my arms and when he passed.

Vet said moose had an underlying kidney issue which we didnt know about and sadly adversely reacted ti my protocol. I'll have to live with this and it was the wrong path I took for him.

I will upload pics in a separate post so as not to lose this one.

Please dont judge me as I only ever meant love and good dog health🙏

Comments