Skip to content

interested in adopting EBT

I recently had to let my EBT go on her next journey due to a mass in her lung and severe arthritis in her front leg. I would somedaay like to have another EBT, as I fell in love with the breed after having Debra. If anyone needs to rehome their EBT, or knows of one that needs a home, please reach out to me. Must be somewhere close to Iowa and gets along with other dogs and a cat. Thanks ,

Comments

• jur45jur45 australia

Sorry for your loss😟

A great alternative therapies channel to look into on telegram is alternative therapy for pets. Lots to read to get a better understanding on health.

I hope its OK to mention this here but its been very insightful for me😊

Goodluck🥰

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    We receive Rescue Bull Terriers often. Currently we have a 5 year male available for adoption.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I would like to hear your thoughts on this. I have a chance to adopt a 10 mos old, male EBT. I have a 11 yr old Shih Tsu , neutered, and a 4 yr old Gooldendoodle, intact, due to neurological problems. Do you think this is a recipe for disaster? I had a female EBT before, and she was great with them. Im supposed to go tomorrow to the Humane Society tto meet him, so I dont really know his character or personality yet, and it will be hard to tell anyway in that type of setting. Im also worried about him becoming dog aggresive as he ages???? Would like to hear your thoughts please…

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    There's absolutely no way of answering that question because the key isn't with the type of or sex of the dog. The key is within the temperament of the individual dog or dogs. Bloodlines of every dog play a key role in their temperament and character as they mature as well as the training, discipline, and attention the dog received by their owner(s). Some Bull Terriers are born with a an evil streak in them towards other dogs and animals of all kinds while others welcome the playfulness of other dogs. I've even seen some Bull Terriers who are extremely laid back where they just ignore all the other dogs around them and would rather invest their attention towards people.
    So the only real way to know for sure if a rescue is going to get along in harmony with your other dogs is to assess how they interact when you first introduce them and then see how they accept each other in their shared living environment over many days of close supervision. Your introduction and training during this time is very important too. Any form of dominant behavior needs to prevented and all dogs need to realize that you won't condone it. The current dogs may not be willing to accept the rescue into their pack also no matter how well behaved the rescue Bull Terrier is.
    Adopting a rescue is always a gamble because your really don't know all of the dog's bad habits nor do you know its temperament towards other animals, children, people, loud noises, food, etc. Something you should always take into consideration is the fact that any young and expensive pure bred dog that has a wonderful temperament and personality is often a dog that many people would be waiting in line to adopt if the owner was in need of finding a home for it. These are often dogs that a friend, relative, or neighbor are fortunate to adopt. But if the owner doesn't have a single friend, relative, or neighbor wanting to adopt their beloved dog there's often an underlining reason why.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com