Skip to content

Vaccines

This Q I'll put to Steve but any others with similar concerns outcomes, please reply.

My question is in regards of vaccine safety for our beloved pets.

Whilst researching allergies, immune systems etc. I stumbled across many articles that question the vaccine safety, efficacy and annual boosting that many do and the harm that can occur to our pets. I am lead to believe there are safer homeopathic ways to protect from specific diseases and from the ones particular in your area/ place of living. Also titer testing is advised prior to just annual shot to see if antibodies are low in a particular virus/disease....and you can then choose to vaccinate separately (which is the safer way) for the ones needed. I know most vets don't offer this as an option. Pricing may be expensive and finding homeopathic/holistic vets are hard to find.

I did follow suit as a puppy owner and vaccinate my boys till 1yo on vets advice but had I known there were safer options, I think I would've searched high and low for this safer route.

Any thoughts appreciated🙂

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    My views and opinions will contrary many others because most people believe in and trust their local Vet with the utmost confidence. Sadly, many Vets do all they can to make a dollar and convince owners into investing into many useless vaccinations and medications. As for me, I don't want my Bullies provided unnecessary vaccinations nor do I want them on medications that aren't warranted. Far too many Vets are doing everything they can to convince people to bring their beloved pet back into their office for any reason they can conceive. When they see the owners love and devotion towards their dog they're enlightened knowing the owner will take heed to their advice and recommendations. 
    In all truth, I have a 14 year Bull Terrier that was seeking out moles in my yard today in hopes of capturing one. She's healthy and energetic. I've raised many Bullies into ripe old age and buried many that I miss so much I can't possibly explain. But I raised them with keeping their immune system strong, not their prescription drugs and medications. I know when medical attention is needed and I seek it when required. However, I do NOT entertain unnecessary meds and vaccinations that my any Vet "recommends." Thankfully, I have a Vet for many years that knows how I am and understands how much knowledge I have with Bull Terriers and ever even tries to sell me on unnecessary meds.
    Yes, I vaccinate all my Bullies each year with their annual boaster as well as Rabies shot. But that's it. That's all I do. I'm now hearing about people giving their dogs Covid vaccinations, YES Covid vaccinations. I hear about all kinds of things that Vets are encouraging their customers to indulge into but most of it is unnecessary and can certainly compromise the dog's natural immune system. I believe and trust in the natural immune system and want all my dogs to have that and I'm responsible for that strength in my dogs, not my Vet and not through meds.
    Many Meds can compromise the immune system by weakening it and No Vet will ever admit that. That don't expect that you'll research the med. Apoquel is a good example and many owners provide that for their dogs daily not knowing any better.
    To close, I want best for my Bullies like we all do but I prefer to focus on their natural immunity verse pumping them with meds and useless vaccinations. I don't expect all to follow my lead and I respect all those that trust in their own Vet and stick and stab their Bullie with every med their Vet suggests but that's not me and until my Bullies fall short in health and expected life spans I'm not changing a thing. My old timers here with me will enjoy hunting varmints tomorrow while others read this response. ;)
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • jur45jur45 australia

Bravo👏👏👏

I'm sitting with the same principle.

Question and research any vetinary advice.

If I can find alternative healthier options in regards to their immunity, I prefer to take the safest option.

Fortunately, vaccinations aren't mandatory here and rabies is not an issue here either.

I know I still haven't nailed the immune system in my boys but this I understand is not easy. I would love to simplify my supplement regime but I feel they still benefit from it as the allergy triggers are not concrete and diet is basic. I'm waiting on Memphis' test as I write.

Thanks for the reassurance and your professional advice👍

IMG_20220803_120947_225.jpg
    2080 x 1560 - 1M
    IMG_20220731_132044_078.jpg
    3120 x 4160 - 7M
  • I totally agree, Billie just gets her 2 booster shots once a year and her rabies shot. Benadryl when her allergies flare up. She has been on antibiotics a couple times for an infection though.

Cute pics of the boys!