Skip to content

My boy Terence 5 months

Saying hello from London, hope everyone is well!!!

IMG-20220707-WA0002.jpg
1200 x 1600 - 142K
20220704_135204.jpg
4032 x 3024 - 4M
IMG-20220711-WA0004.jpeg
3840 x 2160 - 1M

Comments

• jur45jur45 australia

Omg...he's so beautiful!

I really love his markings🥰

I just want to mention but it could just be the lighting or camera, is he showing any signs of irritation as two pics highlight a redness in his skin (mouth, neck, feet) Could be after eating or something or maybe just the camera! I'm not picking just a mention.

He's adorable, love his name too!

Enjoy Terrance, love to see him continue to blossum😃🐾

• jur45jur45 australia

Hello

Just read the previous post...

Oh he does have irritations poor boy.

Maybe you can get the Nuvet Steve recommends for his immune system over there. They don't send to Australia unfortunately for me.

Hard work with diet but you'll get there🤞

Check what the dog groomer uses too👍

• StodieStodie London
    edited July 2022

Hi thanks for the comments, yep he has alot of redness on his neck and belly at moment but not causing him any discomfort.

Possibly grass allergy or where his in and out of the water everyday and its very hot in UK at moment.

Spoke to breeder who I have weekly contact with and his recommended Rock Sulphur for his water which helps with cooling and skin conditions.

Went to a Bull Terrier show last week and it could be his diet....been told that some bull terriers don't get on well with dry food and chicken so consultation with breeder his going on raw beef diet (pet mince with offal etc) with added veg for fibre.

He is turning his nose up to puppy food wet and raw at present so it's just trial and error at moment to find out what suits him as from research they're all different lol.

His a good looking little fella and been told his going to be a big boy because of his paw size.

He had been trying to scratch his front tendons at moment when walking.

When he was about 12 weeks he was knuckling over a bit, but after a good massage and exercise on grass that's stopped.

Where his growing so fast think the itching could be down to front leg bones growing quicker than tendons as his put on a big growth spurt in last 2 weeks, its subsided alot...

Worse than having a baby...especially teething 🤣🤣🤣

• StodieStodie London

Sorry redness in feet is where they're wet, makes them look like there's no fur on them...got habit of tipping his water bowl everywhere at presnt

• jur45jur45 australia

I understand, mine are in water daily but after a rinse and towel dry the colour improves👍

Good luck with your diet challenges.

I'm presently getting an allergy test for my younger boy Memphis. I did one for Moose which does help with the diet, environmental concerns.

Keep us posted🥰

IMG_20220706_231353_680.jpg
    2080 x 1560 - 508K
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • StodieStodie London

Tried googling the nuvet plus, cannot see it available in the UK, going to see if there's an alternative available

• StodieStodie London

Will keep you posted, good thing about forums, joining bull terrier clubs and Google is that you can get really good advice and knowledge...if everytime I was worried about him I'll probably have to sell my home to pay for vet bills....and that's with having insurance.

Unfortunately like humans all dogs can't be perfect we get acne, hair loss, hay-fever...as long as the dogs not in pain and comes from a loving home that's all that matters...first time I've had a bully and his given me alot of pleasure, lost a bit of weight from walking and has chewed his way through the woodwork...now going to try and teach him ring craft to enter him into a show in October...lovely pics of the bullies ❤️

• jur45jur45 australia

First time for me too😃

I think you have to check if Nuvet direct sends to UK. Australia has quarantine limitations I believe or its too costly, unfortunate for me. I could get the bag balm delivered to AU though, not cheap. Honestly forgot I had it, too many numerous stock of things in my cupboard!

Yes as long as no pain, discomfort and they can be dogs, is the utmost importance along with a lot of love🥰

Good luck with your training👍

• StodieStodie London

Thanks, I'll try diet first, I give him puppy dental sticks every morning so they're going to be stopped...probably packed full of rubbish he don't need...I'll have to start brushing them...see how long the toothbrush lasts 🤣🤣.

He had a piece deer antler until his mouth was to big for it and had to pull it put of the back of his mouth 🤦‍♂️ so going to get a bigger bit.

With some of the skin spots he gets I rub a little sudocream on them....seems to work...Good enough for humans and probably tested on animals first but it does help.

Also going to start knocking the treats on the head, pre made training ones and replace with fresh fruit..he loves banana and strawberry and going to see if he will eat blueberries...only in moderation though.

His spoilt 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• jur45jur45 australia

Oh Terence is spoilt!

I would give raw bones for teeth cleaning personally. Not too small so it won't get stuck, a nice clean bone with not to many sharp, brittle pieces. You'll know when you look in the butcher.

Easier treats would be carrot and apple sticks pre made for training.

Liver treats are good too as there is nothing else in the ingredients.

As you're embarking on new diet, try to not overload with too many new proteins, vegetables, fruits etc. If you're feeding beef go with beef bone. Then as you introduce new protein later, incorporate bone of that protein. Of course this is my personal take, you may be more successful in getting the skin issues under control than me.

I use colloidal silver on skin sores, feet, spots. They too have a capful in their water bowl. Epsom salt wash is also relieving for them. All hard work😜 Once you get his immune system in tip top shape all this will not be needed🤞

Good luck😊

IMG_20220629_201027_197.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 3M
    IMG_20220624_105222_875.jpg
    3120 x 4160 - 6M
  • Billie_TinaBillie_Tina California

Terence is cutie! He looks like he's well taken care of and loved :) I too am a first time Bully owner and I couldn't be more in love with my girl! She's definitely a handful and we've had our own issues with skin allergies, training methods, etc...this forum has been so insightful! Looking forward to updates on Terence

Cute pics of the Sarah!!

• StodieStodie London

Thanks for the comments, I had to get his stomach pumped when he was 11/12 weeks due to what the vet said " puppies can't process bone at a young age so the calcium forms a pellet in their digestive track which then causes constipation and blockage", put him on raw food too young containing bone in it.

My thinking is the lil fooker kept eating the pee mats and everything else he could get his hands on 🤣🤣

Introduced to natural yogurt and blueberries today....mind you he'll eat cow dung if he had a chance

His getting a big boy now, 5 and a half months and his 20kg mostly muscle, toooooo hot in UK at moment and his not liking the boredom 🤣🤣

• StodieStodie London

His nose and mouth are not as red as that must be some sort of filter on phone camera....I'm old not technically gifted 🤣🤣🤣

20220716_140557.jpg
    2907 x 2180 - 1M
    20220712_145025.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M

He's a handsome fella, his coat looks nice and healthy too! He'll make you laugh everyday! They have HUGE personalities :)

20220506_154911.jpg
    4032 x 2539 - 2M
    20211128_121503.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 5M
  • StodieStodie London

New pictures

IMG-20220717-WA0003.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 58K
    20220716_144219.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    20220722_181459.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
  • StodieStodie London

After changing his diet and giving him rock sulphur in his water and conditioning tablets his rash on his white bib is getting better although we've both been bitten to shreds by horse flies and mossies whilst out walking 🙄

• jur45jur45 australia

That's great to hear👍

That pool looks great and necessary to cool off for you both!

Keep up the loving work😊

Im glad to hear he's responding to the new regime and his rash is gettiing better. I love the new pics! They both look like they're enjoying the pool :)