Skip to content

School is in session

Hi everyone!
Billie's been having some issues with resource guarding, stealing items, attacking random things and I've got bitten by her a few times during those incidents. As much as I workd with her, I wasn't able to correct those behaviors and the most recent incident made me fearful of her. So I signed her up for a 20 day inboard training. Her trainer said she's been doing well :)
Here's a pic of her 1st day of school and video of her sitting in "place" even in distractions

20220428_095536.jpg
1079 x 1456 - 442K

Comments

• jur45jur45 australia
    Gotta comment here Tina.....first day at school and she's looking happy with the attention and willing to please. She'll be fine and you will too. Sending you 'dragon courage and confidence' when she's back in your command. I was just thinking before, she's like your first child in which you spoil with love and they then take over ;) I know this so its probably easier for me getting my two after 5 kiddos, I've been a dragon in the making ha ha
    Keep us all up to date with Billies progress :)
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I loved that video!!!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Billie_TinaBillie_Tina California
    Thank you Sarah and Steve! I had to pick her up yesterday bc she had kennel cough.. I've been practicing with the e collar and the new commands. She's responding well, but she's lethargic and tired. I have a vet appt scheduled for her on Wed , but might reschedule her to go in sooner. She's been sneezing a lot and had snot hanging out of her nose.
    Once she gets better, she'll go back to the training facility to finish out her program :)
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Wishing Billie a quick bounce back Tina. She probably needs antibiotics? Bone broth mmmm
    dragon love stat Tina ;)
  • SeonSeon Lake Camanch, CA
    Sorry to hear about her bad behavior but glad she's in training. Gotta stay on top of what she's learned after she's done with the training sessions.
    Billie's at home recovering from kennel cough, but I'm continuing to work with her. She's going back to the training facility for 11 more days when she fully recovers

• jur45jur45 australia
    Well done Billy and Tina :p
    She's looking good xxx
    Billie is fully recovered from kennel cough and is going back for in board training on Tuesday for 10 more days.
    This morning's training session with me :)

https://youtube.com/shorts/_keRU54YTvA?feature=share
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    She's such a smart Bullie!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Thank you Steve
    Billie's video update from her trainer today. She usually goes ballistic and full on attacks brooms and vacuums.
  • jur45jur45 australia
    That was so nice to watch Tina! What a broom!
    Great job Billie :p
    What I would just say is, when you are the holder of these objects it changes the dogs reaction. I'd like to see Billie at ease whilst the handler is in control of the objects. I understand this may be the next step and I hope you get to do these exercises there too.
    I tried to pull a cut down yakka branch from the backyard to the front and my boys thought it was for them to play but they understand quickly not a toy lol
    Can't wait for the next video xx
    IMG_20220513_160905_699.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 4M
  • that1Boomerthat1Boomer Middletown, PA
    I would also like to say. She is doing well. My only concern is having the collar on. McKenzie is the best dog with the training collar on. But once it is off for a few days, she reverts back. But then, once the collar is on. She is in best behavior mode. They are smart, they are too smart. McKenzie is a very good girl with everything but shovels and brooms. But with the collar on, she does nothing to them. :|

I hope Billie gets exactly what she needs from this training and you do too Tina. She looks fantastic.
    Thank you Sarah and Bill!
    I was concerned about that too, but she's supposed to have the collar on when supervised at all times (except when she goes to sleep at night) for about 3-6 months and step down to a transitional period. So hopefully her obedience will be solid by then. They are so smart- She knows the remote controls the collar, lol.
    Once Billie's done with in board training, we'll do one on one training with her trainer once a week for a few months. After that, we'll be doing group training sessions.
    I know I can't expect miracles in a short time period, so I'm more than willing to put in the time and effort to continue working with her :)
    Btw, love the pic of Moose and Memphis!
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Wow Tina dedication ....gold star to you ;)
    You get what you put in they say....I look forward to your progress, you'll get there....you have the right attitude and love to go forward. I honestly wouldn't have this outside time, just praying I can handle the challenges head on with my dragon love and knowledge and of course this site for advice :p xx
    Thank you Sarah :)