Skip to content

10 1/2 week male Bully is supposedly underweight. Please help.

The online sizing charts tell me he’s severely undersized and estimate his adult weight to be 37 lbs. I don’t know how much validity there are to these tools so thought I would ask some people who have real life experience and reference points.

Is my bully undersized? I currently feed him 2 cups of Orijen grain free puppy per day. Any insight appreciated!

Comments

• that1Boomerthat1Boomer Middletown, PA
    Hi,

My last EBT Murphy was right at 40lbs at adult weight. She was happy and just littler than usual. Bloodlines have a good bit at play here. I would not take what you read as gospel. My Second EBT McKenzie is now topping out at just about 60lbs. Again, I say it has a lot to do with dam and sire. Of course Mckenzie was the biggest of her littler mates. No sure that she is now, as the males usually put on some more pounds. EBT's sizes varies so much.

Just keep feeding the good quality foods and good or better treats if you give any. Your boy will fill in just fine. Whatever the end weight is, you will love him just the same. BTW, now is the best time to train him. Keep his mind active and he will learn anything you want. They are amazing.

All the best, Bill
  • Thanks Bill. Oops I forgot to mention his weight. He's 13.5 lbs at 11 weeks. When I plug that into the online tools to estimate adult size it says 37.5 lbs. Supposedly these tools are specific to bull terriers. If it were one tool I wouldn't think anything of it but multiple sites tell me he unusually underweight for a male his age.

The thing is, he eats like a horse. I could definitely feed him more. But before I do that was hoping for insight. I appreciate your post, and you are right I will love him regardless. He's amazing!
  • that1Boomerthat1Boomer Middletown, PA
    edited February 2022
    Mckenzie was 12.5lbs at 11 weeks. Now she is 60lbs at 3 years. I fed her just like recommended. Switched to adult food at around a year old. She continued to grow until about 2 years. Then she slowed down and topped off at 60lbs. I THINK she is at her tops. But she seems to be still growing at times. Keep up your good work, it will pay off. BTW, most EBT's are allways hungry. Always! lol

Sitting Pretty.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 3M
    You Ready.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 3M
    You Ready.jpg
    3000 x 4000 - 3M
    Sitting Pretty.jpg
    3000 x 4000 - 3M
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Genetics plays a huge part on an individual puppy's weight. However, a puppy that is underweight could be that way due to the breeder's lack of knowledge and attention in ensuring proper nutrition. Puppies will also be underweight if they have worms.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com