Skip to content

Big Oaks breeder in Hot springs Arkansas

I purchased a so-called miniature Bull Terrier from this so-called breeder in May of 2020 my dog is actually the brother of someone who is complaining about their dog who has many problems the dog his name is turbo my dog's name was Tucker at the time but now I changed his name to Titus he said the dog was AKC registered and that it was a miniature Bull Terrier come to find out that the dog is mixed with Belgium Shepherd somewhere in its bloodline this guy is an absolute fraud and he is selling mutts I found out that the dog is not AKC registered but ACA registered do not purchase any dogs from this breeder under any circumstances these dogs are not what he says they are. ????????
20210828_114535.jpg
4624 x 3468 - 5M

Comments

• He is a healthy good dog with a great temperament but he's not purebred that I can guarantee [-(
  • SeonSeon Lake Camanch, CA
    Does your dog look like a mini Bull Terrier? Picture of your dog?
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    This is the 3rd or 4th post about this breeder and all of them are of negative nature. Type "Big Oaks" in the search bar of this forum and you'll find other owners who had issues with their puppy from the same breeder.

I often wonder how much research people do before they purchase a puppy. :-??

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Below is my experience with Brad from Big Oak Bull Terriers. I would not buy a dog from him after our meeting.
    You don't meet at his house. Red Flag right off the bat. We met at a public park that is near a river.

He brought 4-5 pups. No parents of the dogs present. Second Red Flag.

The pups were scared of him. Third Red Flag. One wouldn't even get up from the ground. When asking if we could see the parents he said no because of the bite story and apparently a pup was stolen at some point in time. Perhaps a reasonable excuse, not sure.

As you can imagine, I was already checked out after the park meeting spot. Ridiculous. But here is where it got terrible. I asked if this was the first or second litter, Brad said "uh I think it's her first." What?! You think?! Then I asked weight of the mom and dad, he didn't know. The pups he had were not all from the same litter, that was obvious. They were all vastly different markings and sizes and we held one asking which girl it was and how many pups total were in this litter he said "uh I need to look at the paperwork." There was 5 pups, how do you not have this all figured out before we arrive?? Also, pups had a few scratches and bites that were suspect. You think the mom/dad were tested for anything? I doubt it.

We left and will never reach out or contact this guy again. He wanted $1,800 and almost out of spite we looked up AKC breeders of merit and found a good one and ended up purchasing a pup for $3,500. I almost had the guts to reach back out and tell him I just spent $3,500 on a quality dog and you just lost out because you are a terrible breeder with terrible practices taking advantage of people who aren't familiar with finding the right dog.

I'm already telling my significant other that
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Here's an article I wrote a few years ago that would provide people a lot of helpful information when looking for a reputable Bull Terrier Breeder:

https://bulliesofnc.com/finding-reputable-bull-terrier-breeder/

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com