Skip to content

My lil Scarlett!

Hello everyone.
Scarlett went in today to get Spayed. After her exam by the Vet, we waited for the tech to come & get her. The lil (Bitch) LOL goes with the Girl & never looked back for me!

Comments

• jur45jur45 australia
    Oh Dan,
    I bet you pick her up, she’ll never look back at them :p
    I hope her recovery is quick and she’s back to her loving self :)

My boys at the beach :D
    1976E091-8FE5-4727-87BF-DCE584E30112.jpeg
    1803 x 2404 - 2M
    3E862840-FBDC-49CC-8758-7B31E7D2D19F.jpeg
    3024 x 4032 - 4M
  • I know as soon as that door closed behind her, She was looking for me. I have to pick her up tomorrow if there's no complications.
    The boys are on Coast Guard duty again? LOL
  • Update; just called the Vet & she's doing fine.... :)
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Great news Dan :)
    Hoping for nicer moments to come for you two!

Just gotta plug ‘I love A Dog.com.au’ for all the help with supplements for my boys. They have improved significantly :) Great site to visit if ever needed.
  • Even better news about Moose. I hurt for dogs with health problems.
    I have Scarlett on a Nuvet supplement, & so far no issues, but she keeps stealing my heart.
    Everyone who comes in contact with her, she gives up her BELLY for a rub......LMAO
  • Billie_TinaBillie_Tina California
    @DansScarlett
    Awwe Scarlett and her belly rubs, she's going to be Miss popular in the neighborhood- if she is not already:)
    I'm so glad she is ok after her surgery. Please keep us posted on how she is doing/recovering after she gets home. She'll be so happy to see you!

@jur45
    Those are are some awesome pics of the boys at the beach :)
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Gee Dan I wish Moose would give anything to anyone for a touch but he doesn’t care for people attention, just family lol but loves pooches. Memphis is the opposite loves all.
    Moose is Moose - I just have to appreciate the devotion to us and let others know he is timid/cautious to the human kind lol
    Scarlett has you wrapped up with her loving heart we can see <3
    13B154BE-A349-4929-896A-A00F8F05DAEC.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 5M
    He looks like a happy and healthy kid :x
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Cheekiness is written all over Memphis
    He’s a lovely all rounder real ‘dog’ loves to get dirty, wet, sandy and knows he’s 2IC :p
  • Well I picked up Scarlett about an hour ago. She's a lil MUSHADE! the Vet said "NO" excitement for 24 to 36 hrs., I guess he doesn't know the breed to well...LOL She ate her breakfast @ the Vets, so that's a plus. When we got home I gave her a NUVET which she swallow's hole (crazy girl). Then gave her a piece of broccoli (her favorite) & normally she chows down , but she just held it in her front teeth for about a minute, dangling. My poor lil girl. Sleeping @ the moment, waiting for her big sister to come ova & give her a little love. Thank you all for your concerns & well wishes! Dan & Scarlett
    PS; I got my BULLIE kisses in the car =D>

• Look At the tear in her right eye......
    image.png
    1152 x 2048 - 4M
    Awwwe Scarlett, she's so pretty! She's grown since I saw the last picture of her! I'm glad she's back home with you. Im sure she'll get TONS of TLC! I hope she heals up fast and gets better soon:)

I'm planning to take Billie in for her surgery after her 2nd heat cycle and I already have crazy anxiety about it bc she's allergic to a lot of things and her skin is super sensitive.
  • Tina, did you look into that website that jur45 put up? It seems to be helping Moose with his paws if I'm not mistaken. Scarlett's 29 weeks old now & weights 36-lbs.. She had to be the runt of the litter. But I can bet you she has the biggest heart out of them all.
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Hey Dan, she’s just beautiful, idk how many times I’ve said this and she wasn’t up for photo pic we can see :(
    I’m glad she’s home and now for the recovery process... wishing you both happy loving times again <3

Tina, I would be anxious too - knowing the meds can set you back with Billie but ???????? it will not occur or at least be a speedy way back to good health and all the hard work you give Billie.

Moose is booked in July but the vet upon my last visit said she’d delay it further for me. I’m looking at not doing the surgery at all if I can manage his ‘randy’ stages :#
    I looked into joining a ‘dog association’ which I need to to avoid council regulations regarding keeping intact dogs. That’s my goal and I will need to keep on guard, a bit of luck and determination and watch my boys frustrating hormones lol

Looking forward to more chit chat, pics <3
  • that1Boomerthat1Boomer Middletown, PA
    edited May 2021
    She looks great. Other than tired that is. McKenzie was over the being calm part, just after seeing me when I picked her up. The vet preached to me about the importance of inactivity for the first 2 days. McKenzie was having none of that. I asked the vet to show me how to calm her down. To which she told me that they underestimated her activity level. The e-collar was tore up before they even had a chance to sell it to me. The vet said, good luck and pushed us out the door. So that day, we found a new vet with some but not all EBT experience. But at least they ask us questions about the bread and learn from and with us. She got to wear a blow up donut collar for a day. Till she found out how to deflate it. So she pretty much healed up with a lot of supervision. Quite honestly, I don't think the wound bothered her one bit. Only the stupid collars. lol
    Scarlett will still gain weight for another year or so. A 40 pound lap dog is much better than a 60 pound one lol. She looks really good.
    Happy healing, all the best,
    Bill
  • Hey Dan, she’s just beautiful, idk how many times I’ve said this and she wasn’t up for photo pic we can see :(
    I’m glad she’s home and now for the recovery process... wishing you both happy loving times again.
    Thank you. She's such a good kid, she knows I'm not going to play with her, & I think she understands. I brought in the house one of her sticks that she chews on, so that's keeping her busy.
    She just squats a lot when we go out, witch is understandable.
  • jur45jur45 australia
    You’re right on Bill about a 40lb lap dog better than a 60lb.....I have two that are heavy enough plonked on top of me when we sleep....they have no concept of their size lol
    My mistake for letting them think they’re little cute puppies that can do as they please :# its getting harder to shift these solid slabs of comcrete ;)

I drop of lavender oil on Scarletts’s blanket or bedding may relax her a little Dan.
    There are natural products out there but see how you go. It’s the internal stitching that needs to heal but she may be just fine as she’s a healthy girl we can see :)
  • Thanks Bill, Scarlett isn't bothered by her intinction, so no balloon for her.
    Scarlett will still gain weight for another year or so. A 40 pound lap dog is much better than a 60 pound one lol... "AMEN"
    Scarlett seems like such a good girl. She's probably in discomfort to say the least and you being there for her with so much love and care puts her more at ease. BTW, her coat is so healthy and shiny :)
    And Bill is correct, she will gain weight for about a year. Billie is now 54 lbs at 13½ months now. I think this will be her weight- give and few lbs. I look ridiculous when I pick her up, haha. She still thinks she weighs 20 lbs and just plops down on my lap or stomach, lol
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Hi Tina
    Just did a weight check now.
    My moose who is 15 1/2months is the same as Billie 50lb and he’s a boy so he won’t be much bigger I think. He did have a lot of health issues which would impede his growth but I think he will fill out some more still.
    Gee they eat heaps but they are running around a lot, 3hrs or so on the beach must chew up their food so gotta keep putting it in lol
    Memphis 8 months sits on 42.7lb which sounds good to me. As long as they look in proportion...not gonna fatten them just to tip the scale :)
    Your boys look proportionate and are very buff! They both look healthy :) Billie is a little on the "soft/chunky" side, but that's ok with me just as long she is healthy and happy:)
    Moose and Memphis look so happy/healthy and well taken care of! They look fabulous! :)
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Thx Tina
    Ditch those scale for all of us :D
    I just do what the vet would do lol
    I feed as much as they need.
    Thought I’d introduce bone broth again :#
    Hope it works. It’s after 4am and I’ve finished ✅ meat scaps for the cats and broth for the boys.
    They missed their arvo walk as it’s wild wet windy. I thought they’d run a muck inside but no....sleeping happily. Maybe they’re trying to tell me something? Let’s chill mum ;)
    Awwe that sounds perfect for a rainy day! Billie LOOOVES bone broth. She goes nuts when I make that for her, lol.
  • jur45jur45 australia
    I know they’ll love it but I hope their tummies/skin/feet etc don’t mind Tina ;)
    I wanna give them a big bowl but I can’t.....slowly eh :|
    Moose and Memphis (slightly) still has the rust colour between toes and he can get irritated if bored but it’s tolerable as i build their immune systems up. They benefit more from all the extra goodies I give them so I have to find a fine balance still. Keeping positive???? and thx for Memphis’ comment too❤️
    You know what is best for them :) Billie still has minor allergies in between her paws, but it's gotten so much better since I've started her on Nuvet and salmon oil. Also just preventing things that cause flare ups. She's so good about letting me wipe her down, checking her body, putting balms on her, and brushing her teeth. She's such a trooper about it all :) I refuse to put her on allergy medication like apoquel.
    I'm sure Moose has gotten used to all the extra things you have to do for his allergies as well :)
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Sure do Tina. He’s been accustomed to it early lol such a good boy. I couldn’t get nuvet delivered here and he’s allergic to salmon so I’m trialling sardines, they love it too.
    No meds or worming medication either. Doing apple cider vinegar, DE etc. apparently vaccinations are no good either, so much to learn and this stays in their system for 6 mths????
    Had a drama with two roaming dogs but luckily they were friendly and I could get hold of the owner but Memphis ran wild with them and me miles back stressing ???? but it all turned out good.
    My boys are really good with listening otherwise, staying with me not interfering with other dogs, people when I say but you have to act in advance. Once they focus on something intervene early and distract???????? Been working so far but these two wild ones I couldn’t control whilst on the phone so it was to be expected but Moose stayed loyal to me and didn’t run off✅

Enjoy Billie❤️❤️
    A04D3AA5-AB2F-48BB-AE50-8D555AE1857B.jpeg
    3024 x 4032 - 4M
    17194BB4-4AE9-4D24-9994-303B5771DD5F.jpeg
    3024 x 4032 - 3M
    4A9032E6-CA1B-4F96-BE35-CC1F3BD10C5C.jpeg
    3024 x 4032 - 4M
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Hey dan,
    How’s Scarlett’ recovery going? ????????It’s all good for you both????
    Pics from today ????????
    20E7DD93-D07E-4CAB-8507-F760A2E9A7A0.png
    640 x 1136 - 2M
    F5F68F27-D3A1-4B49-B68B-5DC40ADE3797.png
    640 x 1136 - 2M
    BBDA393E-8D94-4D99-BE11-22980588B061.jpeg
    3024 x 3639 - 3M
    594F66E8-DA9B-40D3-B34F-CE52BA8015E7.png
    640 x 1136 - 2M
    6343F8AC-1DD6-40DB-A2CB-C5640510B1BF.jpeg
    2098 x 3033 - 2M
  • She doing fine, thanks. We were in the back yard today & she had a few ZOMMIES.I guess she felling better. Getting feisty with me, I just keep her from laying in the grass until net week, so she's taking the Sun on the chair....
    Memphis is such a boy!! As usual; Love the pics. :x
  • jur45jur45 australia
    That’s great to hear.....can’t go a day without zoomies lol ????
    Boys are buggered and me too trekking that beach :p
    Keep us updated :)
    @jur45 Oh gosh, I would of lost my mind if Billie ran off and im sure you did too, but I'm glad you guys are all good and safe! Great photos of Moose and Memphis- I absolutely love how much they get along and play together! <3

Dan I'm glad that Scarlett is doing well. She's probably wanting to play hard, but it'sgood you're monitoring her activity level. What a little princess sun bathing on a chair <3
    Dan I'm so glad Scarlett is doing well, she probably wants to play hard, but its good that you're monitoring her activity level. What a princess sun bathing on a chair :x
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Hey Dan
    Is Scarlett still doing well?
    Back to her old self now?
    Hope all is good for you both :)
    Gotta show you my boys are looking better ;)
    DFEC5453-379E-4145-A15F-DC909A675E96.jpeg
    2179 x 3871 - 2M
    F3D61DEA-2C96-4A3E-92DC-048966F8C368.jpeg
    3024 x 4032 - 2M
    3380B6AD-726D-40C4-AB01-05031E33B3E7.png
    640 x 1136 - 1M
  • She's back to her normal feisty self...LOL
    As of this morning, her incision opened on one end. Must of happened when she came out of her crate ( She stretches in front legs first, then her hind legs come out, with her groaning) or from the zoomies, no big deal. Ill wait to the end of the week before I'll put Vitamin E on it .

This morning, waiting for me to play fetch!
    20210516_084555.jpg
    2048 x 1152 - 2M
    20210516_084610.jpg
    2048 x 1152 - 1M
    Dan she looks great! Look at her as she patiently waits for you :) im glad she's back to happy self :x
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Oh how they love their sticks!
    She looks wonderful and solid, healthy babe <3
  • Thank you Ladies!
    I have to find a beach near me to introduce her to the ocean, before it gets to hot.
    Just waiting for her to heal.
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Yes Dan when it’s too hot it’s not so good on the bullies....mine struggle a bit too.
    I’m just on the bay not the ocean but it still can get hairy lol. They aren’t real lovers of swimming yet but they like to cool off and dip in the water when THEY want to ;) true bully style. Enjoy your warmer days as we head into cold weather down under :#
    Happy healing Scarlett :)
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Hey Dan
    Had to send you my beach boys getting dirty n happy :p
    They just love what the beach washes up :D
    And that’s Memphis rolling happy in sand :D
    9E9B5943-37C6-48CC-A0BE-BB9C713D6AAC.png
    640 x 1136 - 2M
    72AA73C2-1D7E-4DE4-9F87-0C91347CEFB3.png
    640 x 1136 - 2M
    18841FA9-BA78-4123-89C7-367CA24D132F.png
    640 x 1136 - 1M
    23BF3C57-A542-4FF8-A33E-DCE28EF22F48.png
    640 x 1136 - 1M
    E27E782A-6F63-4563-8E15-F8560F67BCCC.png
    640 x 1136 - 1M
  • Loved the pics.! I was laughing as I clicked each shot this morning.
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Glad to share my joy Dan :)
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Hello Dan :)
    How’s Scarlett doing?
    I’m guessing she’s great and that you’ve been so busy entertaining one another you forgot to update us ;)
    Looking forward to more pics and good news :)
  • Hi Sarah, Scarlett's back to normal. Healing well, it's just getting to hot here for her. We exercise in the early morning & late in the evening. I'm trying to find a beach to go to, I'm curious to see how she'll react to the waves. What the Boy's up to?
  • jur45jur45 australia
    They have been enjoying the cold wet windy weather here Dan. It’s much better than the heat. I know your pain. Have you got a kids plastic outdoor sea shell that you could put water in to cool off? Worth getting something like this perhaps or maybe someone’s throwing one out that you can find.
    Moose unfortunately had a spasm today. It’s been three weeks since last episode so we’re finally going to the vet with my diary intact of all episode history. Wish me luck they can locate the problem but I’m not confident they will in which I will look at cbd oil. He was back to normal soon afterwards running like crazy on the beach :D but it’s unsettling when it occurs, poor Moose :(
    Get up early enjoy the cooler parts of the day and I’m glad to hear Scarlett’ back to normal and happy :)
    6D5BE02F-4653-4272-8853-A018CB6136C9.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
  • Good luck today... Poor Moose, Sarah, does Memphis realize that this happens to Moose? I'm sorry I have no input to give you, but I'll say prayers for him.
    Dan & Scarlett
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Yes dan
    Memphis does do the worry wobble but I have to calm him and he’s really good and waits patiently.
    Thanks for your concern :)
    I hope Moose's vet visit goes well. It must be so scary when it happens. Keep us posted Sarah
  • jur45jur45 australia
    Hello Dan
    Update on Moose
    Like I said, didn’t expect much outcome.
    Blood and urine all good and upon inspection he looks good weight, internally externally all ok. I know he looks good with all the work I’ve done but she doesn’t seem to think it warrants investigation- not severe enough and the meds have such adverse side effects it wouldn’t be good anyway.
    I expected this with all the reading I’ve done so I’ll be investigating CBD oil for him.
    Keeping diary etc. and will conquer on with this challenge if I can make it better for him.
    I did get his desexing delayed till two and will only do this if it medically warrants it being done or I see changes etc. I had to do a bit of convincing but I stressed he has faced many health issues most of his youth and an op would not be in his best interest whilst I try to alleviate these spasms.
    Did you get a play pool happening as yet?
    We’re in 7 day lockdown now but my boys get to explore and swim nevertheless :p
    Hope you’re both well and keeping cool.
    PS: don’t know if Scarlett has fresh bones but if yes, give her a half thawed one from the freezer to keep extra cool lol my boys don’t mind if there’s a bit of ice...not totally frozen :D