Skip to content

Nuvet???

Hi everyone, I started Scarlett on NuVET last Monday. Yesterday I noticed some lumps the size of a 10 common nail on her back (only). I also noticed that she's been trying to satisfy an itch on her legs & head. Before I started the NV she was getting 3 baby carrots, 3 broccoli spears, Milk bone calcium treats,
& we had no problems until I introduced the NV to her diet. Today all other treats but the NV has stopped. Before I came to ask, I called NUVET & the answer was as I expected. Do the prosses of elimination. Has anyone else experienced such a problem ?
Thanks in advanced, Dan

Comments

• that1Boomerthat1Boomer Middletown, PA
    As I have not had any such problems, I can't help. But I can say that I have not seen any differences in her coat, skin or anything else for that matter. It's almost the same as when I take vitamins. 5 months in and see no difference in myself either. I myself begin to question things that gain no results after a given time. It's starting to feel like that at this point.

All the best. I'm sure someone will understand it a little better and help out.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    As with any vitamin and ingredient in a particular food, dog (and people) can have a reaction. NuVet is a natural supplement and the ingredients within are normally good for dogs - Ingredients

To be honest, I've never heard anyone say their dog has had a negative reaction to the NuVet supplement. In fact it's always been the opposite with claims of success in regard to shin issues, yeast, and other ailments.

Sadly, Bull Terriers in general are known to have weaker immune systems than most. With this said they are more prone to having skin issues than many other breeds. In the event a Bull Terrier was under stress or anxiety it could obviously make matters worse since stress is the leading cause of weakening the immune system. Extended crate time and lack of proper exercise and cause these issues and the owners may not even realize their own neglect to keep their Bull Terrier healthy and strong especially in their youth when they need more exercise.

For many years my wife and I have dedicated to rescuing Bull Terriers within the state of North Carolina. We have rescued, fostered, and rehomed hundreds of Bull Terriers over the years. Currently we have 3 rescue Bull Terriers with us who are looking for adoptive homes. One thing that I'm sure has caused many owners to give up on their Bull Terriers and render them to shelters and pounds could very well be their medical conditions which the owners have failed to control. I can't tell you how many Bull Terriers we've rescued that came to us looking horrible. Many had mange, yeast issues, flea infestations, allergies, and other issues which compromised their skin and coat. Some of these Bullies were even rendered to us with medical records and their prescription drugs they were on. A popular drug I've seen these dogs were on was Apoquel. This prescription drug may help with short term itching but it's known to weaken the immune system and only mask the problem. Many prescription drugs are the same way.

What I do when we receive a Rescue Bull Terrier with skin issues is STOP all meds and initiate a whole new diet and exercise regime for them. I can tell that these dogs are under stress and being in a whole new environment around other dogs doesn't help with their stress and anxiety which attacks their immune system further. So the first thing I do is get them on a well balanced diet. The food of choice we use is "Victor." I may also add veggies, fish, or meat to the food for added flavor and to bulk on some weight to the dogs that need it. I also give them one squirt of Salmon Oil (we use Grizly Oil) to their food for the benefits of the omegas and we provide them a NuVet Supplement. Years ago we used to use other supplements that worked well but not nearly as good as NuVet. Now I can say this because I have compared this supplement to others and I have used it with MANY Bull Terriers. I have witnessed before my eyes the success it made on dogs that looks absolutely horrible. No other supplement worked and after researching this Supplement in depth I learned that although the vitamins and minerals found in were great for the dogs the biggest attribute of the NuVet was its ability to strengthen the immune system so the dog had the natural capability to fight off common ailments that should never pose a negative effect on a dog unless of coarse if their immune system is compromised,

Now NuVet isn't a cure all to every dog and you can't just give your Bull Terrier a tablet, stick them in their crate all day while you work, and get confused as to why your Bull Terrier is still having skin issues. The only reason I have so much success with rescues that were plagued with skin issues is because I will dedicate to an exercise regime with them that will burn off pent up energy and do justice for their health. This is done while they are on a good diet and taking the NuVet. Sadly, during the winter months many owners slack off with ensuring their Bull Terrier receives the exercise it needs and then get confused when a supplement or diet is helping their Bull Terrier with skin issues.

I provide all my Bull Terrier a daily NuVet tablet. Can I look at them and tell the difference it's making on my own Bull Terriers? No, but that's because their coat and energy levels are in good form. They remain healthy and the NuVet certainly contributes to keeping their immune system strong so I don't see negative changes in their coat and skin.

There's good reason why NuVet is one of the only supplements to offer a 100% money back guarantee on their product. The makers are confident of it's positive effect on dogs, many Veterinarians recommend it, and it's been tested and proven to be extremely helpful. This may be why the vast majority of people that have provided it to their dogs rant about the benefits and continue providing to their dogs on a daily basis.

I'm saddened to hear about any Bull Terrier that struggles with skin issues but 90% of the time it's actually not the dog having the issue as much as the owner who may not be providing it the exercise and diet it needs on a daily routine basis.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks Bill & Steve.
    Steve, I think she gets enough outdoor time, but who's to say! She loves playing in the snow, fetching her sticks, Me chasing her, etc. I take her out a least twice a day for about 1/2 to a hour to get her play time in. I'm going to give the NV till the weekend with no carrots or broccoli or any other treats, to see if her skin clears up & she stops itching.
  • Scarletts update. Her skin cleared up. It had to be the calcium treats I was giving her. I re-introduced the NV first after a week of NO treats of any kind. Then I started with raw broccoli, waited a few days & now giving her raw carrots. I'm going to wait till next week to give her any Salmon treats I have for her. So it definitely wasn't the NV. We just returned from the VET for her rabies shot. Now my lil girl weights 25lbs @ 15 weeks! \:D/ . Thanks for all your comments, Scarlett
  • that1Boomerthat1Boomer Middletown, PA
    That's a great update. WTG. BTW, I was never knocking NuVet. Just have not seen any change, making me wonder. But again. McKenzie never had any real issues. I just started it to make sure things stayed that way. They have. :)
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    That's good to hear. I'm happy your Bullie is looking better. I knew it wasn't the NuVet as that supplement only helps improve situations and I have yet to hear any negativity about the supplement from anyone. In most cases people are Very happy with the results they've witnessed.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Ya, it had to be the M/B calcium treats.