Skip to content

Whats up with NuVet Wont Sell to Me without a Code?

My EBT has feet which are broken out, "rusty" and very itchy.

Was ordering NuVet and it wont take my order without a code.

So I sent an email and I have to get a referral > What?

Are there any other products which are comparable ?

Very odd business model.
Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 6.18.49 PM.png
1852 x 1134 - 3M

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    You're welcome to use my code - 80383

I've used many good supplements over the years for my Bullies and many are very good so there are some alternatives to NuVet but I can't lie - NuVet has proven to be the best supplement we have used and I wouldn't use a different brand for my Bull Terriers.

https://bulliesofnc.com/online-store/supplements-vitamins/

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks Steve!!! and Merry Christmas. I have an order in for a 180ct.

I sure hope it works. I am feeding Farmina Ancestoral Grain Lamb. Most grain free food uses peas for fiber. I think peas/pa fiber make her vomit. Not certain.

It kills me to see her miserable and gnawing at her red irritated paws.
    IMG_9980.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    That NuVet works great for all my Bullies and I'm confident it will on your Bullie as well. Have a Great New Year!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Hi guys - Just thought I would pass along an update. I had to bring Franklin to the vet today because he developed a bacterial infection on his nose. I talked to them about a grain free diet and they were very against it. They mentioned that the FDA and Tufts have been investigating instances of dilated cardiomyopathy (canine heart diseases) in dogs on grain free diets. From what I have read it seems like the main issue revolves around an amino acid called taurine. "Dogs require sulfur based amino acids, which come from animal protein, in order to make taurine. If a grain free diet provides the bulk of its protein from plants (pea, potato, etc) and does not have enough of the precursor amino acids to make taurine, the diet will be deficient."

Here are some links for those that are interested

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/nutrition/fda-grain-free-diet-alert-dcm/

https://vetnutrition.tufts.edu/2018/06/a-broken-heart-risk-of-heart-disease-in-boutique-or-grain-free-diets-and-exotic-ingredients/.

https://atlantaskinvet.com/the-grain-free-dilemma.pml

Here are the grain free brands that have been linked

Acana (67 reports)
    Zignature (64 reports)
    Taste of the Wild (53 reports)
    4Health (32 reports)
    Earthborn Holistic (32 reports)
    Blue Buffalo (31 reports)
    Nature’s Domain (29 reports)
    Fromm (24 reports)
    Merrick (16 reports)
    California Natural (15 reports)
    Natural Balance (15 reports)
    Orijen (12 reports)
    Nature’s Variety (10 reports)
    Nutrisource (10 reports)
    Nutro (10 reports)
    Rachael Ray Nutrish (10 reports)

I also found a lot of skepticism regarding NuVet

http://skeptvet.com/Blog/2012/01/nuvet-supplementsame-old-snake-oil/

https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/warning-letters/nuvet-labs-486342-07292016

I think I may end up paying the money to get Frankie allergy tested so I can figure out what exactly is causing his issues and work around those foods.
    @Bungalowbill61 - The biggest scam that I have read about in regard to dog foods has been the bogus information passed that depicts "Grain Free" kibble to be bad for dogs. Now someone with intelligence would be quick to say to themselves, "Wait a second, the words GRAIN FREE do not mean a dog food is harmful to the dog." In truth, the opposite is true. Some of the best quality foods are the market are grain free. Companies like Victor don't use grain additives within their food because they know they are fillers and add no benefits to nutritional diet. The aspect of saying "Grain Free dog foods are bad for dogs" is ridiculous because having No Grain in a food does not mean it's a bad thing. Instead of these idiots a few years ago passing bunk information by saying Grain Free dog foods are bad they should have concentrated their efforts in identifying the source of ingredients they claim to be bad for dogs because it certainly isn't the lack of grain that had any ill effect of dogs.
    www.dogfoodadvisor.com is a great source of information for analyzing nutritional value, ingredients, and an unbiased review of any dog food.
    I've been using Grain Free kibbles with my Bull Terriers for decades and I've proactive in ensuring their health and energy is optimal. My 14 year old female Bull Terrier still chases squirrels in the yard and has more spunk than most 6 year Bull Terrier.
    Now in regard to NuVet, I was Very skeptical about this product when I first heard about it. There were many people swearing by it and how well it helped their Bull Terrier. One of the reasons that I tried it years ago was because I was impressed that they offer a 100% guarantee of satisfaction. That's something no other supplement I was using offered. It certainly let me know they have a lot of confidence in their product. I was also impressed by the vast about of Veterinarians who were recommending it.
    As many already know, I dedicate to Bull Terrier Rescue for the state of North Carolina. Many of the Bull Terriers I've received over the years were in horrid condition due to skin issues and allergies. Some were even on medications which obviously weren't working. Apoquel seems to be a popular choice that many Vets prescribe because it will help dogs stop itching. However, the medication is needed constantly and sadly this medication has been noted to negatively effect their immune system. Well, the real reason most Bull Terriers get allergies and skin issues is due to weak immune systems. Stress and anxiety are often key factors especially for owners who think it's ok to leave their Bull Terrier in a crate all day while they are at work. Without proper exercise, attention, and diet any Bull Terrier is susceptible for all kinds of medical issues because their immune will drop due to stress. NuVet's hallmark acclaim is its ability to boost the immune system naturally. Now I didn't think it would be very effective but after testing it out on several Rescue Bull Terriers I was astonished how well it worked. Through the years I've used this supplement I have witnessed its true capabilities and benefits for all dogs. I recall stopping the use of NuVet on one particular Bull Terrier because I ran out but I wasn't too worried because his skin was looking great and his coat was a hundred times better. However, within a week and half his allergies kicked in and you could clearly see the skin issues were coming back. It's no wonder they provide a 100% guarantee on their product. I suppose not everybody has the ability to test certain products like I do since I deal with multiple dogs that I rescue and foster. But make no mistake about it, NuVet works and is a God send for any dog with skin issues and allergies.
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com