Skip to content

Bull terrier aggression

KarenKaren South Africa
Hi guys I need some advice .....I have a 11month old male EBT he is neutered. He is such a loving dog very playful. The only problem is he becomes very aggressive when an unknown person comes to our main gate eg delivery or post man. He spins in circles and if we go by the gate to collect something while the unknown person is there he grabs our leg , this morning he grabbed my dads leg thankfully he didnt injure him jus his Jean's got ripped. How do I resolve this issue

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Sounds like he has a temperament issue that requires a lot more discipline. A bull terrier does have the capability to initiate bad behavior and continue to display this behavior if they know they can get away with it due to weak consequences. Now, I'm not telling you to beat your dog or anything but you certainly need to send a message to him that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. Prior to him get so worked up during an event which sparks bad behavior I would be paying close attention to his behavior and as soon as I noticed any unwarranted changes in behavior I would very abruptly and sternly draw my attention to the dog and discipline him with a loud "NO!" and immediately remove him from the area letting him know his behavior would not be tolerated. Bull Terriers love attention from their owners and they can most certainly sense when their owner is displeased. They do not like to be ignored and when they are due to bad behavior they will soon learn that the negative behavior works against them and they will not get their way.
    Train him by utilizing a friend to bring your Bullie to you gate on a leash to display his behavior. If you see any negative behavior displayed stop, discipline him, go back in the house, wait a while and try again until he starts to understand what is and isn't acceptable behavior.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com