Skip to content

My puppy doesn't seem to have the classic Roman Nose.....yet. When should I expect to see something?

Hello! New to this forum! My name is Allison and I have an 8 week old puppy, Sunday. At the moment, she doesn't look like the classic BT. The Hubby and I panicked for a sec, and luckily found this forum. After reading thru posts with similar issues, I feel slightly better. Still.... :-?

Any advice?
20190416_175949.jpg
4032 x 3024 - 3M
20190417_034532.jpg
4032 x 3024 - 4M

Comments

• ScubasteveScubasteve Chelem Mex
    That is a perfect nose. Anyway he still is awful young. Our second BT even had a nose that turned up....but it corrected itself
  • What’s the issue? You have an incredibly adorable puppy, classic nose or not you have the best dog in the whole world.
  • No problem at all! She's the sweetest pup ever.... :x This is my first Bully and I have a ton of questions. Even though I had studied the breed for about a year before I got her, I am still learning....and there really isn't much online about this topic.
    Was just interested in everyone's opinion and if anyone had the same question.

Thanks for the welcome.
  • Best way to tell what her nose is going to look like is to look at her mom and dad. Not all bull Terriers have that roman nose .
  • Thank you Corey90260! I appreciate your time! Of course you worry about a breeder not being honest when both parents aren't on site. Even with pictures it can still be worrisome. However, at the end of the day: she's our dog & we love her. BUT, if I were lied to, as far as breeding....I'd definitely be a touch irritated. Thanks again!
    20190417_170233.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    It's impossible to predict how the head and nose will progress. However, you should be able to get a good idea based on the sire and dam. Proper genetics will create puppies with proper appearance that emulate the breed standards.
    It's a big red flag knowing you never got to see the parents and now you have to trust the breeders integrity on who the sire and dam really are regardless what the registration papers say.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I saw the Mother personally, but pics only of the sire. This forum has been pretty helpful and I feel much more at ease. At the end of the day, we love her no matter what....but if she's a mixed breed, then someone has some explaining to do. Both parents are registered thru the CKC.
  • When we first got Mackenzie I was sure she was mixed ,we rescued her at 5 months . It didn't really matter to us … but I will say now at 2 I am pretty sure she is all mini bull ,she kind of grew into it :)
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    You can register a duck through CKC and call it a Bull Terrier.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com