Skip to content

My Ebt does not want to eat his food

Hi everyone my 11 week old bull terrier use to love his food he is currently on field and forest grain free. He drinks his water has his treats but jus sniffs his food and goes away. Is he being picky about his food ? What can i add to his food to make it interesting

Comments

• I would cut out the treats it's surprising how filling treats can be also I don't leave my pups food down if it doesn't get eaten I pick it up until the next meal,I have read on here that some people add some wet food with the dry
  • KarenKaren South Africa
    Hi there i tried adding a bit of wet food to his diet and he finished it in seconds but what i also noticed that hes been having off n on diarrhea, he plays drinks water
  • Lack of appetite and on-off diarrhea? Is your pup on proper parasite control and current on vaccines? Not necessarily the cause but it could be that the pup "caught something".
    I think it might not be the worst idea to have a chat with a vet, talk about the pup's nutrition and while on it have the stool checked. Just to make sure nothing's going on there.
  • that1Boomerthat1Boomer Middletown, PA
    Mine will not always eat from her bowl but, she will eat kibble from a treat ball. She likes to work for her food.
  • I have had more than couple of BTs go off food in a serious way. 40 yrs agog was not feeding the better food. A dog named George game me a clear message that he would rather die than eat what I had been giving him. Some had rounds of the bile vomiting. Not eating regularly is more emblematic of problems with males. I am not talking about over weight BTs. After George was alway looking for good feed. Some success and then that brad is gone....

Have looked for decades for the best food. What I have been doing lately (last 4yrs) with great success is beef kiolbasa from sams and a small amount of rice. Each dog gets 1-1.5 sausages a day once a day! An ege (with shell) occasionally (calcium). You will not believe the difference in the poop, it dries up and actually biodegrades!! No more shovelling! Dogs are WAY happier, natural wt control. It will take 1-2 mo for the dog to detox. If you are unlucky enough to have a dog with allergies thats 6 mo to know (in my experience).
    Best regards,

Dave O
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Cut out all the treats and go to feeding once a day with a proportionate amount of food. Do not leave food out to free feed. If your dog doesn't eat the food take it away and allow him to build up an appetite.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com