Skip to content

5 month old quirks - typical behaviour?

Hello all

I am a new fur momma to my little dream doggo, Luna the BT. Her mom is a standard and her dad being a mini. She is long awaited but my first bull terrier. I have done and being doing m research for years and new exactly what I was getting into. I adopted her into my home at about 2 months old. Her and I, and my cat live (mostly) harmoniously. Cantalope the cat isn't always down to party like my little wild child.

Anyways, my question is regarding one of her little quirks and so I am wondering if this is yet another typical behaviour as a growing pup. We have dealt with a bit of resource guarding with certain treats and during feeding time. I stopped giving her the treats and we've worked on the food resource guarding. She's improved a lot and wags her tail when I'm around but still tenses up and clearing is fond of being touched during meal time.

Secondly, she can get in these "moods" out of nowhere and gets really nippy and on edge. I can see and feel the energy switch. It happens randomly or during / after nap time. I have young nieces and nephews who I really hope I will be able to trust her with without being restrained all the time.

I have heard and read that this could be her testing her dominance.

Any tips on cats and bullies would be appreciated as well :)

thanks in advance guys !

Comments

• She will be hyper after having a sleep I call it the zoomies it will stop as your pup gets older
    I would leave her alone when she is eating would you like to be stroked when trying to eat a meal
    Liam my 22 week old was amazed by our cat wanted to play,once he realised the cat can get out of his way by climbing higher than him he decided the cat is quite boring and now ignores him
  • Thanks for the input :) I’ve been working with her and seeing her improvement. Think I’ve got myself a typical teenage BT trying to test her authority.