Skip to content

Undersized Miniature Bully

Hi,
We just adopted a female miniature BT about a week ago. She may be the runt of the litter as she only weighs 10.2lbs, measures 11 inches at the shoulders and, she will be 5 months January 5.
I am feeding her Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy formula about 1-3/4 cups per day.
Is there anything you would suggest to bring her up to speed?
I'm attaching a photo of Scout.
Thanks all in advance. imageimage
IMG_0578.jpg
3024 x 4032 - 3M

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Hello.
    She is beautiful!
    Here you find tons of great tips and recommendations from Steve, the owner of this website:
    https://bulliesofnc.com/bull-terrier-nutrition/

I would like to specifically recommend to get her on a vitamin-supplement and fish oil.
    Also, fresh components, such as eggs, yogurt or cottage cheese are beneficial, not o even start with a raw nutrition.
    I just can't point out enough HOW incredibly important good nutrition from the start is for the wellbeing of this breed.

If she is not that tall yet, I would assume, she will not become a giant after all. But actually, she will still continue growing and developing for quite a while from now. It is hard to tell before they are at least one year old how tall they will get eventually and if they will end up more on the lean or on the chunky side.
    I tend to believe she is going to stay more athletic.

Just out of curiosity: What are these two bald spots in the photo, the one on her lower cheek and on the hind leg? Just no hair or something else?
  • EZ_3EZ_3 New Orleans
    Thank you so much for your input, Djammy. The bald spots are the result of ring worm she had prior to us taking her in. She was treated, and is healing slowly.
  • Yeah, they tend to attract such things at all ages. Bull Terriers are prone to skin issues.
    One more argument for supporting the immune system by supplements and balanced nutrition.
    Good luck with the spots to heal soon.