Skip to content

All of English bull terrier pups died inside mother a few hours before birth

Has anyone every experienced complications with labor.

My bitch went into labor early hours this morning she was pushing and the bag came but it burst . My bitch kept pushing but no sign.

Eventually a pup could be seen it was breached and its head and shoulders was stuck.

We took her to the vets they managed to get the pup out but it was stuck for 2 long and couldn't save it.

The vet gave milly a injection to help her deliver the other pups but it didn't help ..

She kept pushing but nothing was there.

She went back to the vet the vet said the pup isn't at the birth canal.

She just didst have the strength to push .

The vet did a C Section there was only one more pup inside and they couldn't save it.

The vet reckons because they was so big and there was only 2 it could of caused complications and the vet thinks they died inside her.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME.

IM ABSALOUTLEY DEVASTATED MY BITCH HAS BEEN THROUGH HELL AND NOT EVEN A PUP AT THE END OF IT.

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    There's a reason Bull Terriers are such a rare breed and it's not because people don't like them. The truth is they are a very difficult breed of canine to breed and whelp a litter of puppies. Sadly, you found out first hand.
    It isn't uncommon for labor complications and when there are complications you need to act fast and also have a knowledgeable Vet to utilize when emergency situations are warranted.
    Chances are this was the first litter for your female and that first puppy caused some issue for the health and safety of the entire litter. You have to recognize the time in which her bag broke, the strength and frequency of her contractions, the location of the puppy prior to delivery.
    That first puppy was stuck for too long trying to come out. With experience you would have known to be inserting your finger to feel for the presence of a puppy so you can identify a problem early in the labor.
    Your Vet administered Oxytocin in order to cause strong contractions in order for her to push out the puppy that was stuck. In the event no puppy came out within 20 minutes of that shot your Vet should have conducted a C-Section immediately. This may not have saved the stuck puppy but it would have saved the remaining puppies.
    The loss of this litter was due to lack of experience and knowledge, prolonged labor with a stuck puppy, and failure to perform a c-section during the time it was needed.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com