Skip to content

Farmina N&D

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing Farmina N&D Grain-free canine formula. Is anyone here familiar with this brand?

It's very popular in Europe (produced in Italy) but here in US I don't see it's being mentioned whole a lot. I'm planning to feed my puppy a fusion type of diet, mostly raw alongside a high quality kibble. The quality and ingredients of Farmina N&D look amazing and I would think this brand would be more popular here but it's not. It is pricey however so maybe that's why? I just wanted to hear if anyone has any experience with this brand and if it's worth the price.

Thanks

Comments

• edited July 2018
    I am not familiar with the brand, so I don't have any first hand experience with it. But I can say that the list of ingredients looks promising. The price is steep, but it may well be worth it. That I don't know. Anyway, if you want to try this brand I'd recommend to start off with the smallest bag you can get and see how it works for your dog. Because every dog is different and the best food for one dog could give another achy stomach, horrible gas or runny stools - no matter if the brand is high quality or not. Transitioning gradually could help avoid upset stomach.
    But still, there's also always a chance that the dog just does not like the new food.

Another great kibble brand - Steve, the owner of this forum, often recommends it here - is Victor (kibble). I am currently feeding this brand in addition to raw. The price is good and so is the quality. Just throwing it in in case you're still shopping around. Of course, luckily meanwhile there are a lot of different good and high quality options around since some manufacturers have recognized health aware dog owners as a revenue promising target group.
    Times have changed, I guess. :)

You also may want to consider supplements, such as fish oil and vitamins/minerals.
    Just mentioning, in case that's new to you.
    In my experience, a bull terrier can't have "too strong" of an immune system because that's what keeps the skin ailments away and allergies in check. And it helps a great deal should the dog have to deal with some kind of illness some day.

Hope this input helps a little.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited July 2018
    I have never used this food with my Bullies nor have I seen it selling at any of the local feed stores in my area. However, it's rated as a 5 star food and gets a great review based on the nutritional values.

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/farmina-nd-grain-free-dog-food/

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • BullkaBullka Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you Djammy and Steve for your advice. I think I will start with Farmina and see how he likes it. I did too hear that Victor is a good brand so I would consider it as an option as well. Regarding the supplements I already got NuVet Plus and Salmon oil as suggested here. ;)
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Sounds like you have all the right stuff for a great nutritional diet. Please keep us posted on how the Farmina works out. It sounds like a good food and feedback on it would be great.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com