Skip to content

Picking up at 16 weeks.. too late?

Hello.. I'm getting a puppy from a breeder when he is going to be almost 16 weeks. Am I missing out on his early puppyhood? I feel like I am but maybe it's a good thing to get him at this age? I'm not sure. I see people getting their puppies as early as 8 weeks.

My puppy is coming from Europe from a reputable breeder. All of her dogs are show dogs and multi time champions so I feel lucky that I found him but at the same time I feel that the breeder has higher standards for her pups and so much more protective. She won't release him to me until all of the shots are done by her (a good thing?). I was hoping to meet my puppy at the end of July but not it's not going to happen until the end of August when he is 16 weeks.

He is definitely in a good hands right now, trained and socialized but not by me. :( I'm just wondering how is he going to adjust at this age to a new environment. Would it be more difficult to get used to my routing after being at another home for a while?

Any feedback welcome.

I attached few pictures of this cute little boy and his mom. Btw.. I don't have a name for him yet, still thinking. :)

Thx!

DSC_2605.JPG
2456 x 3680 - 4M
DSC_2641.JPG
2456 x 3680 - 4M
DSC_2671.JPG
3680 x 2456 - 4M
PHOTO-2018-07-12-06-57-05.jpg
598 x 599 - 36K

Comments