Skip to content

Eating cat poop

so my remi is 6months old. One of my concerns with her is eating the cats poop that live next door. They come in my yard and poop and when i take her for walks she is just searching for it???? When i first got her she was eating her own. I started with the pineapple and now she eats cats poop! I don’t know what to do! Any advice? THANKS!

Comments

• kellicruzkellicruz San Diego, CA
    My female EBT ate poop (hers and anything else! so yucky) when we adopted her almost a year ago.... I tried all sorts of methods and nothing really worked/helped. I just made sure all her poop was picked up right away but it's difficult when they find other poop. She has turned around though and I can say it's much better now. Some dogs have a really strong draw to eating poop..... maybe someone else will add to this??
  • I have 3 dogs and the bull terrier likes to eat the others poop YUCK I tried everything and honestly the only thing that works is making sure it is all picked up ... I pick up a lot of poop
  • Phat88Phat88 Louisiana
    The pineapple has stopped her from eating her own, but idk what to do about the cats!
  • edited June 2018
    Do you own a gun ? :D
  • I think the pineapple made it taste even better for Mackenzie and don't even get me started on the hot sauce sprinkled directly on the poop ... apparently that is a Bull Terrier favorite:)
  • Phat88Phat88 Louisiana
    I wish i could just shoot them without a worry! But i can’t i would feel extremely bad! The real problem now is she keeps eating everyone’s panties:( she is very sneaky about it! She knows she is not pose to Bc when she gets caught she lets them go!;( just disgusting and she has got lucky that she poops them out but my washer just broke so i have clothes everywhere at the moment and she has chewed on at least 3pair this week and i haven’t noticed anything come out yet!