Skip to content

What to feed my bull terrier

Hello all!

I recently purchased a mini bull terrier from a breeder in Arkansas. He’s doing so well for me and growing fast. I currently have him on Bill-Jac puppy formula food. he’s 13 weeks old and the bag of food is running low. I’d like to switch him over to another brand of food that I will keep him on for the next year or two. Any recommendations? I do not want to do any raw diets, i’ve heard good things about “taste of the wild” “blue buffalo” and “Victor” foods. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!
EE19C361-2A4B-4005-92E9-52DD5D834E1F.jpeg
5472 x 3648 - 5M

Comments

• choobachooba Michigan / Missouri
    Google dog food advisor,
    Look exclusively for grain free.
    Choose something with an absolute min. 4 stars.

Find something your mini enjoys eating, transition slowley.

I use predominately merrick brand, alternating through the different grain gree flavors.
    Have also used Evo and victor.

Personally I stay away from plant based protein foods ( like taste of the wild ) as the gas from Captain Stinky and the Green Fog can become unbearable,
    But different dogs have different reactions.

Again, find something grain free, that he likes, transition slowly, observe how he does, fine tune if needed.
  • Archie313Archie313 New Jersey
    @chooba thanks a ton for the input! i’ve also read a lot about them passing unbearable gas from certain foods and i’m trying to avoid that as well. i guess it’s all trial and error and unfortunately you may deal with a lingering scent until you find what works best. appreciate the input!
  • I think most kibbles will cause some gas. Some more than others. Just comes with the territory. I feel like my dogs on raw pass less than I remember our dogs of the same breed on kibble. Could just be the dog though. I agree with the part above, find a good quality kibble, don't cheap out and your pup will thank you for years to come
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com