Skip to content

bully size

Hi all, my little man turned one year old yesterday and weights 26 kgs (57 pounds) and has put on weight in a while. he looks really small compared to allis friends the same age and his head looks really small for is body. At what age does their skull stop growing and do you think he will have more body weight growth spurts ? thanks
20180503_191903.jpg
4032 x 3024 - 3M
20180519_181222.jpg
4032 x 3024 - 4M
20180519_181315.jpg
4032 x 3024 - 4M
20180519_181256.jpg
4032 x 3024 - 3M

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Other than the fact that his pied fur looks kind of "non-standard" to me - still a beautiful pet though! - he seems in perfect condition and proportions. For a boy he may look a little slender. But then again, he is very young and I find it hard to predict if he will "fill" a little more within the next months.
    Maybe he will not develop that "roman" outline and instead stay rather athletic - which I personally would like about my Bull Terrier. Anyway, 57lbs at 12 months old sounds pretty average and healthy to me.
    That's all I can say.
  • I can only speak to my own but the difference from 1 year to 16 months on Mackenzie was noticeable .She filled out more and now looks more like a bull terrier although she is a mini .
  • That’s good weight for a year old dog

He’s beautiful

My pups are 22 months and the boy is getting thicker and thicker

He has a lot of time to thicken up

Is he intact ?

Male dogs heads spread as the mature and are full in most breeds from 16 months to 2 years old but if they are spayed early they will not get the fullness in the head as a intact dog
  • He was desexed at 8 months cos he was humping everyone and everything
  • That is why his head is not the size that it could of been

He’s beautiful but that was way to young to even think about doing that

When you Fix a male dog they will never put on the size they should be and it is very hard for them to build lean mass

He is beautiful never the less though
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    He won't reach his full potential for another year. Normally around 24 months old is when a Bull Terrier is fully developed. I'm sure his growth and development is right on target for the genetics he was born with. He looks fine and he will fill out some more over the next year but as for his height, what you see right now is most likely as tall as he will get.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Here’s Eric he is 10 month. Weighs 27kg.

Can I ask about food? He’s eating dry food but wondered about Raw meat. Can this be given as a treat? Such as joints of meat like a lamb neck or some other bone with meat? Just not sure if I can give Raw straight away if he’s never had it.

Behaviour getting better however gets angry when not allowed to say hello to a dog if held back in a cafe or pub. Also I think I need to train him on what is a toy for him and what is a toy for my friends kids as he wants their stuff.
    143B9DEB-D297-4D9A-8BEE-8FD702A2424D.jpeg
    3724 x 2096 - 1M
    CCD864B0-C5DB-447F-B4FC-BD9529F2E8FA.jpeg
    3724 x 2096 - 2M
    3CEBA5C6-26DF-43F1-A2FF-44A2F6C3685E.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 5M
  • Hey Bill,
    How's the harness working out for you ?.
  • Hi Neil, yeah been much better. Able to hold him back now on walks, takes a lot of the strain off my shoulder now. Sad thing is he’s in between sizes at the minute so ones to loose and ones tight. Haha. Been good though. Still looking to keep him in tact too. Wondered if I had it done he’d turn into the dog who barks and is aggressive to dogs with their balls.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I will have to look what brand I have but I know if you go online you can order 1/2 sizes that they don't sell in stores.