Skip to content

Weight advice

Hi all.
I grew up with EBTs as a kid and have recently adopted my own rescue girl. When we first got her, she was very over weight (37kg) from being fed all sorts and not walked at all so we have been working hard over the past 3 months to get her healthier. She had 2 syncope episodes and vet determined this was due to severe lifestyle/diet change so we eased up and put her on special weight loss food which she has really done well on and now weighs in at 33kg. She has much more energy and seems to be doing well although she did have another fainting episode after some really over the top barking. We have decided against invasive treatment to determine the cause as the vet advised if it is a congenital heart issue there wouldn’t be much we could do so best to just avoid situations that trigger it. She is fine doing mad 5 and walks etc so at moment we are seeing how it goes. Anyway I digress! I’m after opinions on her weight, she is a huge bitch and is a bit of a rough old shape, broad chest, long body and bit of a pea head bless her so it’s hard for me to judge. I think she looks a bit thin now and welcome opinions. ! Posting from my phone so hope pics show up :/ I’m in process of moving her onto a normal kibble now , grain free and hypallergic (Wainwrights)

Let me know your thoughts and also if anyone else has a bully that faints. She is 6 by the way and vet said no signs of heart murmur etc and bloods came back good. Next option would be X-rays to look at chest and respiratory system which I don’t want to put her through just yet as she’s had a lot of change lately !
D33BD605-936E-42B6-8566-7DDEF2823BB2.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
1B26599F-9541-43AA-8493-6F98E2E91B21.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 1M
917416A8-CCAB-425A-90EF-1D141F83ACFF.jpeg
2048 x 2048 - 753K
B520C30D-18D3-48CE-B405-FBBBFE61DC7C.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 1M

Comments

• Thank you for helping and taking care of this lovely dog

She looks greatly improved and all I can say is take it slow and steady and keep moving in the direction you are

I don’t have any answer on the fainting but she looks good and in time you can moderate her diet to sustain her proper weight and also give her the energy to keep exercising