Skip to content

What does everyone feed their pups?

I'm hoping to get a bull terrier sometime in the near future so I'm trying to find out as much as I can about what everyone feeds their bully's and has had no trouble with.

I've already got a good idea of what many of you feed for dry dog food from reading older posts, but what do you feed raw meat and "humane food" wise? I know grain is a nono.

I'd like to raise my pup on a raw and dry dog food diet so I'm wondering what type of animals and what body parts/organs you can feed raw and or cooked. I know every bull terrier is different and I should experiment slowly when the time comes.

Thank you! :)

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • A high quality kibble ....I use Fromme

Eggs
    Cottage cheese
    Beef
    Chicken
    Gelatin (Great Lakes)
  • Meat - Raw lamb, raw beef, raw horse, raw kangaroo, raw chicken, raw turkey, and a little raw liver, kidney, heart.

Bones - Lamb neck and ribs, Kangaroo tails, Chicken necks, Chicken feet, Turkey frames, and if he's been a really good boy, he gets to chew on a crocodile leg.

Veg - Green beans, carrots, cauli, cabbage, zuccini, etc...

Fruit - Watermelon, cucumber, blueberries, banana occasionally,

Natural greek yoghurt, unrefined coconut oil, salmon oil occasionally.
  • Right now I am feeding evo red meats and it is wonderful
    I switch between that and timberwolf organics which is equally as impressive.

Both meat based, grain free, high quality dog kibble.
    I also had my Bronte on raw for quite awhile due to some skin issues, but finding these two brands that leave out any questionable ingredients made me feel pretty confident in switching back to kibble.
  • I metric cup of kibble and 4 chicken necks. Occasionally Veggies when I'm cooking my dinner. She particularly loves banana, mandarin, and carrot as treats.
  • BrooklynBrooklyn New York
    Vinnie is on gluten free diet due to huge skin/health issues. So we feed him high quality gluten free kibble (duck and sweet potato), boiled turkey breast for training and sometimes vegetables when we're cooking dinner. He loves anything crunchy - white/red cabbage, romaine lettuce, napa cabbage, cucumbers, carrots, he's crazy for apples and chilled seedless watermelon. Sometimes when he picks up bread when outside and gets bad diarrhea, we give him raw beef bone from local butcher shop, under our strict supervision, of course. It fixes the problem a lot.
  • I suggest Barf (Biologically Appropriate Raw Food or Bones And Raw Food) food, vegetables, eggs and fruits. Sometimes we go for Orijen or Acana dechidrate when we're out of fresh meat. Here in Croatia, there's a great company named Herman Barf who produce high quality barf food, I gues there are many other similar companies worldwide. It's important to fed your pup with good food, as much as you can afford.

- Tips for homemade barf:
    Fresh chicken brests (I'm still afraid of chicken bones), zucchini, mangold, + egg yolk...
    Beef, lamb, fresh fish... Snowie loves it!

Have fun!