Skip to content

Side Effects of Spaying?

Hello Everyone! 
  Quick question here. I'm getting my little angel Phoebe spayed in about two weeks. I never had the intentions or desire to breed her so I feel that this is what is best for our family (also considering I have a male EBT as well). I thought it was a wise decision to have her spayed, but now I'm being thrown off by warnings that she could become more aggressive or overprotective in some instances. Is this true? What was everyone's experience when it came to spaying their EBT? Did you notice any undesirable behaviors because of the spay? Again, I thought I was doing the right thing here, but I'm just a bit worried that these warnings I'm getting could be potentially true. I will of course discuss this concern with her vet, but I just wanted to get everyone's input. Also, what was the recovery time from the surgery? I've only ever owned boy dogs so I'm not sure how long it typically takes for a female to recover. Thank you all in advance!! 

Comments

• We got our girl spayed around 7 months. Vet said she would need to take it easy (no running/jumping) for 2 weeks...ha, right! She was out of it the first day, second day she was trying to run around and jump all over like her crazy self so I had to really restrict her, either crating her or making her sit/lay with me. She has calmed down since the spay, but honestly I think it is more due to her finding her place in our family and feeling more comfortable around us. Now that we have some good training under our belts as well I think she is really picking up on what is acceptable and what isn't concerning her behavior. I know some advise waiting to spay your dog until they are 2yrs old. I am sure there are others on here that can offer more and better advise on that. Good luck!
  • This has been posted here before

I do not fix males and my current female when she is over 3 will possibly get tubal ligation