Skip to content

Tubal ligation instead of spaying

Here is a conversation I'd like to have

I do not fix males unless there is a health issue ...either physical or temperament wise

In the past if I were not going to show or breed I would spay females after 3 years of age

My seven. Month old female Bull Terrier has just started coming into her first cycle at 7 months

She is not attracting her brother yet but it's coming and soon she will be separated till it passes

She is a beautiful female perfect everything

She was pick of the litter in the female side

I have hopes of my 14 year old daughter showing her

Either way she will remain intact till she is at least three years old and at that time instead of spaying I will be getting a tubal ligation done Tying her tubes

She will still have a heat cycle but I believe the health benefits out way the inconveince

The rest of the world seems to think the classic spaying as not the way to go

New studies are debunking the old it's better for health reasons

Thoughts on this ?

Has anyone here had this procedure done ?

My girl Lady working the spring pole after a run still a baby at 7 months

CEB6FE3E-C0D4-4AB8-AC4E-DE4CD054F591.JPG
4032 x 3024 - 2M
E57935ED-8460-480B-95FE-11413FF88929.JPG
4032 x 3024 - 2M

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I've watched the video numerous times and I agree

Steve what is your thoughts on tubal ligation ?
  • Just out of curiosity, is the tubes are tied the dog would still go on heat and produce all the other pheromones that attract a mate. The dog will still have the same drive to mate also. Therefore the dogs would have the same drive to mate and become tied (which carries a risk of injury for both the male and female). You would still have to keep the dogs separated and she would still bleed. Right??
  • Yes to all

I have always had active males and females and yes it is more work but I believe that the benefits out weight the inconvience

In males I find it horrible to see a young male neutered in the conventional way

They never mature correctly and never reach their potential

As far as females go I think that the newer studies show the benefits of not desexing in the health department out weight the convenience factors to the owners

Believe me with two bullies that are brother and sister and intact it's certainly not easy but a few weeks out of the year to have to seperate and clean up is not the end of the world

As for other males getting to her that is just being responsible